75 Grain .223 Russian Ammo - Anybody tried it?

My Saiga .223 love everything I have fed it so far, and my favorite has been the Silver Bear 62 grain. I saw some 75 grain "Russian" advertised ($110/500 rounds), thought about trying it. My Saiga doesn't mind the relative "dirty" Russian stuff. I generally order 500 rounds at a time, and am getting low.

Looking for reports/recommendations.

Thanks to both for the comments. M1key, have you been shooting straight FMJ or the hollow point, and do you have a preference?

I'm thinking the heavier the bullet, given decent performance, the terminal ballistics should be better. the 75 grain is 36% heavier than the 55 grain and 21% heavier than the 62 grain. I don't have the muzzle velocity or kinetic energy info on the 75 grain Russian, I assume it is probably in the 2650-2700 fps and 1100 fp range. Sectional density would be better due to the longer bullet, but not sure how it all mixes up in the .223 world (my Saiga is my first .223).

Seems the 75 grain would be superior for most self defense applications and for small game hunting, but not long range varmint hunting or extreme long range defense applications.

Edited by wpflgun