ProMag SAI-A6 12-round drum assembly

Received this new for my Saiga 12 and with only minor fitting started running rounds through it.

Using both full power 2.75" buckshot and high brass #6 loads, I had sporadic misfeeds (round stuck pointed at chamber but rear not rising enough to get into chamber) at rounds 5, 6, or 7 through the mag (middle of capacity). I thought there might be a piece of flashing or some other manufacturing anomaly that was binding the interior drum in that area, decreasing spring pressure at that point.

I disassembled the drum. Everything looked fine inside.

Now I can't figure out how to retension the spring and reassemble it. ProMag tech support said to send them the drum and they will do it for me, which is nice, but is there some secret or special tool needed for this? They won't give out the instructions and said the mag should not be disassembled by customers. How do you clean it?

Does anyone have instructions on reassembly?

Also, the front locking tab on this mag has about an 1/8" of vertical play, so the mag sits a little low. Front to back fit is fine, side-to-side is good, and lock/unlock at rear is fine. It is just sloppy vertically at the front. My 8 other box mags (Izhmash, SureFire and AGP) fit fine in this area. I know about the Izhmash dimensional variance issues, but if 8 other mags fit tight enough, is the ProMag overly generous with this dimension? I can fix it on this one mag, but just wondering what your exerieince is.

CB3