flash hider questions

I want to thread the barrel of my 5.45 so I can put on a flash hider. I have looked around a bit to figure out the best options and I am still a bit confused. Seems like there are two options, either thread for standard AK or AR. My question is, if I go 14X1 all the flashhiders are presumably for 7.62 and not really meant for 5.45 yeah? If I go the AR thread option, there are a lot more flashhider and comp options of which all are intended for 5.56, which is more similar to 5.45. But the question is, I thought I read that if you want the AR threads, you have to cut down the barrel a bit to get the die to cut correctly. So the question is, do I need to do anything special to get the standard AR threading on a 5.45?

And no, I am not wanting to put on a standard ak74 front sight with 24 mm threads. That route seems to be more expensive since I can sell the TAT and die on the forum and recoup some money. Really wanting to keep this as cheap as possible.

WHAT I,am going to do is install a 1/2x28 ar15 smith vortex f/h on my IZ-240. yes its the most difficult but its the best to supress flash IMO. I ,am not going the hand tool route. I,am going to remove the fsb, gb and then press barrel out of the trunion, take it to my local CNC machine shop and have them cut down the end of the barrel to .500 and then lathe thread the barrel cocentric to rifle bore. if you dont do it correctly your accuracy will suffer alot. whats the point of having a rifle if you miss your aim with every shot. in the end you get what you pay for.

just me guess I,am a perfectionist.....

bob