Looking for a new sight...

Hey Forums.

So, I've been looking for a new sight for my soon to arrive Kushnapup conversion, as it looks like I can't keep my old iron sights in this setup. As this is a shotgun, it seems like a reflex/red dot/holographic sight is probably the way to go. I also looked at more conventional scopes, but given the inherently short-range functionality of this device, fast and effective target acquisition would seem to be the way to go.

I'm a bit stuck however, as I don't know much about sights. I don't mind spending for quality if it makes a difference, but I would hate to spend more than I need to, particularly if I'm buying options that won't really be all that useful. Right now, I've been looking at the following sights:

Burris Fastfire III

C-More RTS

Aimpoint H1

They're all very expensive though, and I was wondering if any of the experts around here wanted to weigh in. Given that this is the only functional sight on my weapon, durability and reliability would seem to be very important. I would hate to drop it or have a battery run out unexpectedly and suddenly have a really expensive paperweight on my hands. And those HUD sights look kinda well, flimsy - but I've never seen one up close

Is there a major "do this" or "this is better" commandment here? Are there other options that will be as good or almost as good as the above for lower prices? No questions that the expensive sights are nice, but is the cost warranted, or will a $100 sight work almost as well?

Thanks!

The aimpoint is clearly the toughest. If you are worried about long term survivability. Its also the most expensive. But as an extra bonus of buying a sight that costs what your saiga 12 did. Its batteries will last years.

On.

I really have been looking as the RTS however. If I don't like it on the S12. It can easily go on a pistol I have.

Thanks for that, I had actually looked through that thread and another, and that was what gave me my ideas so far. The reason I posed a new thread was that I was hoping that someone knowledgeable here might be able to help narrow it down from those final choices.

However, as I read through them again, and think some more on this, I really think that $200+ is just a little bit more than I want to pay right now for something so easy to break - particularly the HUD-style sights (although they do look neat).

With that in mind I'm really leaning towards wither the Bushnell TRS-25, or the Vortex SPARC, both of which are in the $100-$200 range, have good reviews, and seem to be pretty sturdy and functional on a Saiga-12.

Does anyone have any experience with either or both of these? Or any thoughts on the larger sights discussion?

Primary Arms makes a decent aimpoint clone. I think they are on their like 7th revision. For a cheap but fairly dependable RDS, it gets fairly good feedback.

From your choices it appeared the budget was $300-$600. If its $200. That might be the best choice. As I think they are <$100.