Show & Tell - My First Build - and a bonus range report. Part III

Well......here we go again. Not enough room for pics. Im gonna try and keep this part short. My son is jonesen for dinner. I cant get him to understand that there is more nutrition in a beer than a hamburger. beer.gifbig_smile.gif

When I decided on how to build this thing I knew I didnt want it to beat me to death and I didnt want to go through some of the horror I read about from other members. I musta done something right. The range I used is about an hour drive for me. It is owned by the DNR and is an awesome setup. Made the zero ranges on Hunter AAF look like they were made by........well I cant say it without really pissin someone off. I got there with 250 rounds and came home w/40. I didn't have a single FTE, FTF,or any other kind of malfunction. The first rounds I loaded were the Wally world bulk shot. Not a single prob. The first mag I had the gas setting on 4 on my MD plug. I had a bunch of 2 3/4 high brass #6 shot that was probably 20 years old. Those even worked with the gas on #2. It felt rather weak on the cycling and the brass was only tossed a couple of feet away but still no malfunctions. I ran 3 types of slugs through her on the 100 yard range. I used Winchester Super X, 1 oz. Remington 2 3/4, 7/8 oz sluggers. Also, 2 box of Brenneke. Won't be using the Brenneke anymore. They all ended up far right on the paper. All my shots were on paper, but I had things pretty much zeroed after 3 magazines of 5. Thing was, I had to walk to the end after each mag to see where they were hitting. The sluggers seemed to be the ones I liked the most. Al so ran some 00 buck through her. 2 3/4, 9 pellet, and some 3" magnum 16 pellet. The 3" 00 ran fine on setting 1 and were just plain violent in the Saiga. Not a one them bothered me as far as recoil, but they sure are loud. The thing about these weapons is they are like smokin crack. You cant get enough. As soon as I was done I was thinking about the next one. Sure wish my money tree hadn't died. Now that the Kpup is out, Mikes double stacks on the way, JTEs newly designed magwell and a very strong reassurance on rifles barrels comming out this summer, There is just a bunch of things to get excited about. I know I am. I received an email from what I think is a reputable vendor and they said they will be tooling up to produce barrels in both smooth and rifled bore. I won't say who until I have mine in hand. Just a precaution.

What is that hangin off the front of "Stormbringer"? Yep, it's a bayonette. Swiss made mdl PE57. 9 1/2" of stainless steel. I thought it is one of the nicest military bayonettes I have ever seen. What good does it do you ask??? Besides looking really cool, you could always stick a zombie in the head and in worst case scenario, it can deliver the final blow to the Jackalopes that come out after dark. Happy Shooting - John

post-35679-0-89080600-1337988823_thumb.jpg

post-35679-0-61546600-1337988858_thumb.jpg

post-35679-0-40793600-1337988901_thumb.jpg

post-35679-0-62995100-1337989076_thumb.jpg

• Like 1