'chipped' front trunion?

After doing a new conversion, I noticed that the front trunnion has a small chip bellow the bullet guide.

Is this bad? Everything still works fine.

I'm not sure how it got there. I installed a new AK mag catch, new bullet guide on a new rifle, and was using factory new steel AK mags. When it came time to insert the mags, everything was SUPER tight. After some many many mag changes, the new untouched surfaces all broke in a little bit, making it into a normal feeling, tight magazine fit.

Opinions on the chip?

post-36320-0-48643400-1338773282_thumb.jpg

post-36320-0-20141900-1338773293_thumb.jpg

post-36320-0-80609100-1338773309_thumb.jpg

You'll need that and some developer. It comes in a spray can too. You sray on the dye pen, and then after so long the developer and any were the dye sank in, will be stained red. The directions are all on the back of the can. I don't think you even need to remove the paint...but I've only used it on bare steel so I don't know about that.

I took some goof off to the paint to take most of it off. I don't see any cracks with the naked eye, but I'll have to wait for the penetrant dye to be sure.

After taking a closer look, it appears that it is indeed a dent instead of a chip. I believe that I can see the normal edge continuing through the dent in the form of a line.

So basically if I cannot detect a crack using the penetrant, then there is no need to worry about this?