22LR to 45ACP or 45ACP to 22LR?

Ok, I've been looking at getting a Sig P220 - 22LR. I know there is a conversion kit to change a P220 45ACP to 22LR, but in poking around I found out there is a kit to convert a P220 22LR to 45ACP. So, the question becomes which "original" caliber would be best to get, 22LR or 45ACP? Without going into details it seems it would cost roughly $100-200 more to start with a 45ACP and get the 22LR conversion kit than to get a 22LR and get the 45ACP conversion kit.

I don't assume it's as simple as saving $200 by starting out with the 22LR. But I don't see a pro or con to doing it either way otherwise.

Duh...

Yes, they are both the same frame. The config that is sold as a 22LR can be converted to 45ACP and, the config that is sold as a 45ACP can be converted to 22LR. The conversion kit is priced roughly the same.

So it looks like six of one, half dozen of the other.

Or so it seems....

I've been looking and checking this out and I'm leaning toward....since the whole reason I'm considering this is to have a low cost to shoot pistol in the first place, getting the 22LR and if I feel the need, get the conversion to 45ACP kit.

Edited by Squishy