FULL disassembly

I'm currently disassembling my Saiga 12, but have ran into a snag. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get the parts in the receiver out. I've got the bolt/carrier out, but I want to do a full disassembly. I cannot find any info on this. I searched this forum and the internet, but can only find basic disassembly. Help?

You can't remove the two rivet like pins closest to the rear of the receiver, unless you punch them through from right to left. This is made easier by drilling the expanded open ends thinner so they can be punched through and still remain intact for possible re-use.

Most people would rather get them, and the parts they hold in place, OUT of there and into the nearest trash can ASAP, so you won't find any info on the kind of full dis-assembly you are inquiring about, if re-assembly in the same configuration is the goal.

The reason those two rear pins were made like they are was to discourage removing them. They (and the parts of the FCG they hold) are part of the system of changes made to the standard military version of the AK (KALASHNIKOV) receiver in order to make these "sporter" versions fit into the ridiculous boundaries and limitations that were put in place concerning the importation of weapons from other countries. The plate covering the bottom of the receiver was "permanently" installed with steel rivets for the same reason.

Removal of all that garbage is the first step in properly "converting" the weapon, to make it suitable for proper use with a pistol grip, and ability to (legally) use mags with a higher capacity.

All that said, you can quite easily remove all the internal parts and put them back just as they are, using the same parts removed.... It's just that most people have no reason or desire to do so.

And if all you really want to do is remove the hammer and sear / disconnect assembly, that is done very easily without having to drill anything....

To remove the two standard axis pins holding the hammer / BHO lever, and the sear / disconnect assembly... you need to relieve pressure currently being placed in the locking grooves of these axis pins, by the retaining spring running along the left inside wall of the receiver.

This can be done by pressing down on the spring wire immediately in front of the rear axis pin...while using a small punch to push the axis pin out just past the collar around the locking end. After that it can be pushed or pulled the rest of the way out at will. The front pin will be easy to remove to get the hammer out after the rear pin is free. Or you can remove the front pin first, by using a dental pick or whatever you have for a small hook tool, to lift up on the spring wire just before it gets to the hammer pin. Whichever is removed first, it frees up removal of the other by taking pressure off the spring.

*Before beginning though, make sure you completely understand how the BHO spring is attached, and note how to put it back... as well as all the rest of the parts...*