I think the problem is that the AMD 65 folded is 25.5 in and considered a AOW in Michigan or some BS like that. My Saiga .223 has a side folder but it's registered as a pistol because when folded it's more than 26 in and less than 30 in or something like that.

Michigan's laws are stupid for a number of reasons, one of them being that, unlike the feds (who I'm not trying to make look "smart" in comparison) who define the OAL as the maximum length of the firearm, the state interpretation is that the OAL is the minimum length of the firearm with the stock folded or collapsed (AGO 6280).

The only recent activity with the gun laws of this state that I know of has been HB 5225, which passed the State House last month and has been languishing in the State Senate Committee on the Judiciary. That law would do away with the bogus pistol registry, but I don't think it would affect the bogus pistol and "SBR" definitions. It also would not do away with the ban on actual SBRs.

Edited by DrThunder88