Tantal side folder question

It sounds like you may be missing the reinforcement plate with tension spring, or the tension spring may be broken.

You could probably make something similar with thin sheet steel, with a similar leaf spring. Temper the spring area with torch and it should be strong enough to maintain some spring tension instead of bend.

http://www.robertrtg.com/tantalwirefolder.html

The Tantal stock will fit most AK rear trunions but some will not be long enough for the lever to touch. Might have to mod the trunion some. Looking down from the top you will see the end of the lever. If it does not touch the trunion there is nothing holding that end down. Or it could be the spring as stated above. I had to bend mine a little to get it to work properly.

Edited by ironhead7544

I attached the wrong picture last night, the issue is a lack of tension on the lever. I was just wondering if there was a simple, known, fix for this before I started trying different things. I was playing with the idea of attaching a return spring from the top of the lever to some where in the trunion, similar concept to a throttle return spring?

post-44159-0-51340500-1348677930_thumb.jpg