mount options for optics

Im sure theres been tons on topics on the subject but plain and simple whats the best mount for a saiga 223?

I want something that I can remove with the scope still attached on and its gunna still keep it zero'd in? Im thinking the quick detach UTG-978 side mount but what do ya'll think? I either want a side mount, or a top railed mount dustcover but I heard there not good to run if I'm gunna be taking it off and on.

So whats my best bet for removing and attaching and still keeping it on "Dead On"

I've got a BP-02 mount for my saiga .223. Holds zero when removing it and putting it back on. The quick release lever does loosen up a bit after several range trips, only takes a few minutes to adjust it and get it tight again though. The rest of the mount is built like a tank, it's a bit heavy as a result but you'd never manage to break the thing unless you really, really tried to.

Surprisingly the UTG side mount also gets excellent reviews by many who know what they're talking about. That is, the one that clamps on, not the one that bolts on.

The BP-02 is definitely heavy duty, but a bit spendy. The low-profile version is almost low enough to cowitness with a red dot, but not quite. Smaller scopes can also mount pretty close to the dust cover, and also sit nearly at centerline rather than offset to the left.

6UyFH.jpg

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1