If you were to stack these two up to each other what would be the best. i like the ak action and would think it will soak up more recoil than the 1100 action. I know more and more parts are coming in for both. I am looking to get one, my gf is buying it for me and i really need to know asap. I have been reading and reading about the diff in the vepr-12 and saiga-12 and the vepr-12 out does the saiga-12.

anything will be helpful and i will be keep searching aswell

thank you

pp

Edited by pickpocket

My choice is the Vepr-12 but if you wait another week or two you will not have to make a decision because the Veprs will be gone they only got 1000 in country and alot of people will not do pre-buys so once they hit MAA, Tac-47 and Atantic Firearms I bet in a weeks time they are sold out.JMO

I'll have both to compare soon enough.

I like my MKA a lot, it's got a lot going for it, and it takes getting used to recoil wise, but once I learned how it behaved I can do some pretty quick mag dumps while actually aiming. I think you need to look at what you want it for. The MKA has a rail from the start, which is a big + to me.

i would choose the Vepr 12, already has high cap mags does your gf have a sister?

haha nope sorry man no luck but lets assume aftermarket is not the limit here. they already in the works as fare as hi cap mags so they will be out soon.

I'll have both to compare soon enough. I like my MKA a lot, it's got a lot going for it, and it takes getting used to recoil wise, but once I learned how it behaved I can do some pretty quick mag dumps while actually aiming. I think you need to look at what you want it for. The MKA has a rail from the start, which is a big + to me.

The Vepr-12 comes with a rail and pistol grip as well and a gas system to shoot any load. So its got everything a 1919 has, both very good guns. Well what would you use a 1919 for and what would u use a Vepr-12 for. So you have a MKA and love it why are you getting a V12? besides being a collector.....

My choice is the Vepr-12 but if you wait another week or two you will not have to make a decision because the Veprs will be gone they only got 1000 in country and alot of people will not do pre-buys so once they hit MAA, Tac-47 and Atantic Firearms I bet in a weeks time they are sold out.JMO
good point haha

To all:

i am more so talking about about the gun not the aftermarket following of the product. i know its important and its going to help improve the gun but if it had the aftermarket parts and both guns will, which one would you pick and your reason.

Edited by pickpocket

I'm waiting to get mine and use it before I just assume it runs any load.

Also the ergo on the MKA is identical to my M4, 3Gun. I use my MKA for everything a shotgun can be used for.

I don't buy guns to collect, I buy them to use, same with cars. Machines are meant to be used IMO, anything I can't use I have no interest in, I don't own any safe queens or garage/trailer queens and plan to keep it that way. I have a very rare Model 12 that is set up for trap and is a georgous gun, I don't use it all the time, but it gets out on 5 or 6 planned friendly competition days with friends and family.

I have wanted a converted S-12 for a while, and couldn't stand the stock american set up, I decided that if I were to get one, I'm pulling all the stops and going nuts, by the point I had a lot set aside to do just that the Vepr-12 came up, so I consulted Makc and a few vendors that know what's up, and all of them said go with the Vepr to start. I may turn it into a 3Gun weapon to use with a Vepr rifle. It may be a Hog gun. It may be a Skeet Trolllololol gun, who knows. It will get used for everything most likely, just as with my MKA.

I will wait till its in my hand and I've used it at least 500 rounds before I make any final decision on what to do with it long term. I can say this, I like my MKA and the Vepr 12 isn't going to make me a fair weather fan of it all the sudden.

For me the shotgun is one of those weapons you need to "bond" with before deciding what you like it best for. I've bought skeet guns intending to keep them away from the field only to end up making it my primary for both. *shrugs*

I'm waiting to get mine and use it before I just assume it runs any load.

i have done a large amount of research. Its not like this gun was made over night. yes it will cycle many diff loads i do not assume on $999 purchase.

Also the ergo on the MKA is identical to my M4, 3Gun. I use my MKA for everything a shotgun can be used for. Thats a plus of the MKA platform and yes i will use my shootgun for everything, even dove.

I don't buy guns to collect, I buy them to use, same with cars. Machines are meant to be used IMO, anything I can't use I have no interest in, I don't own any safe queens or garage/trailer queens and plan to keep it that way. I have a very rare Model 12 that is set up for trap and is a georgous gun, I don't use it all the time, but it gets out on 5 or 6 planned friendly competition days with friends and family.

I agree i am the same way, thats why i asked.

I have wanted a converted S-12 for a while, and couldn't stand the stock american set up, I decided that if I were to get one, I'm pulling all the stops and going nuts, by the point I had a lot set aside to do just that the Vepr-12 came up, so I consulted Makc and a few vendors that know what's up, and all of them said go with the Vepr to start. I may turn it into a 3Gun weapon to use with a Vepr rifle. It may be a Hog gun. It may be a Skeet Trolllololol gun, who knows. It will get used for everything most likely, just as with my MKA. I will wait till its in my hand and I've used it at least 500 rounds before I make any final decision on what to do with it long term. I can say this, I like my MKA and the Vepr 12 isn't going to make me a fair weather fan of it all the sudden. For me the shotgun is one of those weapons you need to "bond" with before deciding what you like it best for. I've bought skeet guns intending to keep them away from the field only to end up making it my primary for both. *shrugs*

thanks for the comments on the MKA. i like the ar layout i have two custom builds myself. The only thing i dont like is the recoil it produces for a semi auto shootgun. i have shoot many shootguns and shoot a lot in my spare time. Maybe if they would have utilized the buffer and spring from the ar w/ the action they would be spot on. Hell bet someone will, i will if i get one haha. But thats what i have come up with, the recoil on the Vepr12 is better managed than the MKA in design of the gun.

you can't just up and ultilize the buffer and spring system from an AR in an MKA, it's AR styled, the bolt of the MKA doesn't travel into a tube in the stock like the bolt an an AR travels into the buffer tube.

The best you can do is get a firebird barrel comp.

I haven't installed mine yet, waiting for a few more parts to get here before I go to stage 3, but a Graco recoil tube is going in my buffer, it's a sealed tube. http://www.graco-corp.com/t/mercury-recoil-reduction-systems

Tooth and Nail uses the limb saver with good luck

I'm waiting till I get my Vepr, just in case any importation gremlins may pop up, subtle changes and such. Never said it was made overnight, there's an interesting thing that happens when info is passed from a foreign shooting community to the US, little things get left out, same happened with the MKA. When I first read translated reports, everything works all the time, no break in etc. For me the +'s of the Vepr over the S-12 (and the lack of converting made the price diff worth it, and the gas system improvements)

I will say this though, if Benelli started making box fed shotguns, I would sell my MKA and Vepr for one.