7.62 fsb on saiga 223

I have not been able to find a simple pin on sight base with a muzzle device detent pin. Do not want the 24mm piece. An ordinary 7.62 fsb is a little sloppy on the 223 barrel. Would surface buildup with something like JB weld work. Also considering plasma metal spray but not sure what that would cost. Have 2 barrels I want done. Any thoughts? Thanks.....Marc.

Edited by So Low 2

Complete AKM Front Sight Block New $29.95 includes front sight blade and retainer should work for you, It does not come with the detent and spring but it is prepped for it. The detant and spring are readily available for around $4 plus shipping.

Way better than using JB Weld.

Available from RTG Parts. Quick and reasonable shipping.

• Like 1

Beryl and Tantal FSB are the same part, but have a smaller internal diamter than the Saiga barrel. They would have to be bored out to fit.

Any AKM FSB should fit. Both AKM and AK-74 FSBs have same internal diamters. If the AKM FSB is too tight, you can possibly knurl it internally to increase the tension of the press fit.

Your barrel MUST measure .571" just behind the original FSB for an AKM FSB to work. If you have a larger diameter barrel, the FSB will have to be bored out, or barrel turned down.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: First I want thank the folks who responded. I have received the posted RTG Parts fsb, and it appears its going to work as is with no mods except for drilling the retainer pin holes. I received from AA-OK.COM a retainer pin set, plunger pin and spring for muzzle device and another AKM fsb complete still on a section of barrel. Thanks again.....Marc.