Go out an score yourself a nice vintage revolver for your birthday....ooops, done that already. wink.png

Thank you Squishy, Jeaux and ASG. I genuinely appreciate the well-wishing.

Squishy, you are actually not too far off regarding what I am doing today smile.png . I took the day off from work so that. . . I could be home to sign for a UPS delivery. A delivery that has very frustratingly (to put it mildly) taken more than three years to reach its conclusion. It's extremely ironic that the culmination of the three+ year ordeal should ultimately resolve itself on my birthday. Who'd a thunk that???? biggrin.png

Being delivered to me today is the below Saiga IZ-240 Rifle. Hopefully it will arrive in one piece, precisely as pictured. . . because I had a falling-out with the second gunsmith that completed the work on it (a few of you are well aware of the first gunsmith that totally failed the job). A lesson learned for me because of this is to never ever send a firearm to Hawaii for work, or to trust any gunsmiths that call Hawaii their home.

DSC_5526-1.jpg

Although I purchased the EOTech red dot for this rifle three years ago, I'm likely going to immediately replace it with an Aimpoint H-1 2MOA red dot. Currently my thinking is the EOTech is too big for the 5.45x39 rifle.

~Gary

Edited by Gary
  • Like 4

I hope what you find when you open the box is to your satisfaction. I'm sure you'll be glad to be done with the ordeal. I too will be receiving a similar package in the next few weeks..I'll be all a-twitter I'm sure.

• Like 1

Happy Belated Birthday Gary! I'm happy to see you finally reached the end of that journey (I hope!). How cool is that about it showing up on your birthday!

Frankly, it's beyond cool (the timing of it all). Yes, the 'journey' is completely over. . . short of possibly running into an issue with the rifle's functioning out at the firing range this weekend, but I honestly do not expect any issues with her.

Thanks for the belated HB Shannon!

Well beans youngster, I'm late as well. Hope your birthday was fantastic and you got that new .50 cal Barret with compensating scope! If you didn't, don't worry, you've got plent of great toys to play with. My sincere desire is for you to have a happy and prosperous new year.

• Like 1