Would Saiga parts work on AKs?

With the ridiculous unavailablity of firearms right now, I'm scraping up what I can find, also. So I found some AK74 and AK47 blank receivers. Parts kits for the two are about as scarce as everything else. So could I use Saiga parts as an option? And if so, could I use them interchangably for BOTH variants, the 74 AND 47?

Also, does this include the receiver block used on Saiga conversions for collapsible stocks?

Well, which parts?h

Saigas are more closely related to AK-74 than AKM/AK-47. For instance, the Saiga bolt carrier, bolt, receiver, and other various parts are of the AK-100 series and are close in design to AK-74 family parts.

Be more specific about what you have in mind and you may get a more concrete answer.

Saiga's are VERY nice ak74/100 rifles. If anything, I'd think someone would try to "finish" a Saiga with AKM parts (not many parts interchange), but not the other way around. An AK74/100/Saiga is WAY better built than any AKM. Having both... I love them both, but the Saiga shames my AKM (M10) in EVERY way. Saiga/74/100 is superior in EVERY way.

• 2 weeks later...