Do not take the check, doing so could possibly be taken as you accepting their termination of the sale.

I would go back to the store, be very polite yet brusque, demand to speak with the manager, tell him you intend to sue, demand the manager call corporate office.

If no progress is made, demand that the manager provide some sort of written termination of the sale. If he won't, demand he have corporate FAX it over, right then, wait for it.

I would also be calling and emailing their corporate offices, and sending a certified letter of intent to sue if they do not immediately honor the sale.

What you're doing is building documentation of their bad faith.

Stick it to them.

From what the store told me, corpoate either mailed the check today or will be on Monday. Either way I will not be cashing it or using the gift card. Again this is what the manager "heard" from corporate.

Slow down guys, DICKs is a bad store. Dont go sounding like they "have to sell" you a firearm that has a bad name as it is.

We dont need any bad press right now. What do you think will happen if the news whores get a hold of this.

"TO DAY A CUSTOMER DEMANDED DICK'S SELL THE AN ASSAULT RIFLE LIKE THE ONE USED AT THE SCHOOL SHOOTING"

That would not go well, you would never get your side heard in the news.

Take your money, never darken there door, tell all your gun buddies about it. Tell your non gun buddies that backed out of Baseball hats for you team, shirts or what ever. Good customer service travels slow, bad customer service travels like wild fire.

• Like 1

Slow down guys, DICKs is a bad store. Dont go sounding like they "have to sell" you a firearm that has a bad name as it is.

We dont need any bad press right now. What do you think will happen if the news whores get a hold of this.

"TO DAY A CUSTOMER DEMANDED DICK'S SELL THE AN ASSAULT RIFLE LIKE THE ONE USED AT THE SCHOOL SHOOTING"

Take your money, never darken there door, tell all your gun buddies about it. Tell your non gun buddies that backed out of Baseball hats for you team, shirts or what ever. Good customer service travels slow, bad customer service travels like wild fire.

Tail between legs, walk away and let them violate a contract?

Le fuck de la no.

RED

I am not demanding they "sell" me a rifle, I just want them to honor a sale that has been paid for a month now. Believe me, the store manager did not seem happy about telling me. He thought corporate was making a big mistake. I was not about to make a sceen or start in on him. He has no choice in store policy. Also i belive the word is already out about them.

Edited by Imurhuckleberry

I did post "if the news whores", you carry this to court and the news whores will get a hold of it.

Tail between legs, walk away and let them violate a contract?

Le fuck de la no.

No tail here, guns are getting a bad rap in the news, no need in giving the news whores more.

Hell do what ya want, no skin off my nose.

Hope thing work out for the best.

• Like 1

I really don't think it's right to just walk away. If a person or a company agrees to a transaction, they'd better damned well follow through. This company is blatantly violating a contract, and should pay the price financially and in the court of public opinion.