Depends on what you mean by "work". The Promags with the built in bullet guide are notoriously prone to snapping the bullet guide tab off (usually within the first few rounds) rendering your saiga useless unless. However... if you have a bullet guide installed in the rifle, itself, the NON Saiga specific versions (those without the built in bullet guide) seem to work decent (although definitely still on the BOTTOM of the scale of poly mags).

For Poly's it seems to be:

1)Circle 10/Arsenal (requires bg, plus interdiction tab ground on some rifles) Pre-scare- $31

2)SGM (no bg, made specifically for S223's and work beautifully) Pre-scare- $28

3)Tapco Galil (requires bg, will have sloppy fit but work) Pre-scare- $10-$14

4)Promag (non Saiga version. The Saiga versions are pretty much useless) Pre-scare- $8-$10

in that order.

The Promag .223 mags work fine and fit somewhat better than the Tapco Galil. They are a cheap clone of the Circle-10 mags. I have one that I broke by punching it from the rear while in the gun - front lug snapped off. It survived the AK pushup just fine before that, but that really doesn't stress the mag. It also survived multiple drop tests in a rifle from shoulder height onto grass loaded with dummy rounds.

The other one I've got has been used quite a bit and is still doing fine.

They would be a much better mag if they would add more meat to the front lug. The rear lug is very thick and I don't see i breaking easily. Avoid the Saiga-specific version.

Edited by mancat