mak 90 need help

Most AK buttstocks will fit, but may require some filing before they go into the receiver. This is because the MAK90 receiver is slightly thicker. The stocks may also not line up completely with the receiver edge.

Can't think of anything special a MAK90 would need for the pistol grip. It should accept any standard pistol grip.

The thumb-hole stock connects through the pistol grip hole using a shortened grip screw but the nut matches a standard ones dimensions. As MC said, shave a little off the stock where it enters the receiver, 0.5mm on each side should do it.

post-38885-0-92377000-1358622863_thumb.jpg

That's mine. If you use standard hand guards you will have to be careful too. Some may need adjustment because the barrel is also slightly thicker

• 2 weeks later...
Won't he need to worry about 922 compliance if he puts a pistol grip on it?

Yes. As with any imported AK 922 compliance is an issue. Since the Chinese is considered to be one of the better trigger groups on AKs, using stock, handguards, pistol grip and gas piston are usually the ones people go after first for compliance to try and retain stock trigger. Keep in mind even with all those that I mentioned, you still aren't compliant. Going into mag pieces is done, but I don't recommend mag parts as compliance parts unless your rifle is already set otherwise. Saves you from constructing an "illegal" weapon when you use a friends mag or something

Edited by VR6Shooter