trigger reset issue

Just shooting my newly converted Saiga and the trigger won't re set on its own. I have to manually push the trigger forward to fire the next round. The trigger group is Tapco g2 and the only factory piece is the hammer spring. Do i need a stronger spring or what? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Check for any mechanical obstructions in your FCG like debri, or if you used a retainer plate or if your hammer wasnt modified to allow sufficent clearance for the bolt hold open. If not that then sand the hammer flange by hand, using a piece of 80 grit, with some WD40 till it's nice and shiny. Oh and be sure that your disconector spring is installed..

I should also mention it's very important NOT to round the edge of the hammer flange any..

Edited by poolingmyignorance

I should also mention it's very important NOT to round the edge of the hammer flange any..[/quote

Thanks, I'm 90% sure a little sanding will do the trick and I'll try that for starter's. Im new to AK's but im pretty sure why you say not to round it at all..... I don't need a burst fire rifle nor do i want one so I'll make sure I'm very careful.

If the polishing doesn't work ill try the Arsenal trigger group. Thanks to both of you, i appreciate the quick help once again.

Cory

Well i polished it a bit but realized its the hammer spring leg coming off. Look at the top leg of the spring it slides off a bit and that's whats barely stopping the trigger from resetting. What can i do to fix that? post-46357-0-63487000-1359859478_thumb.jpg

It looks like if i removed the bolt hold open plate the spring would have enough tension against the right side of the receiver that it wouldn't pop off. I don't care if i have a bolt hold open or not. Is it something i can remove and it wouldn't matter? Is it needed for the rifle to function. Sorry if that's a dumb question i can't remember if its connected to something else or not.

It looks like if i removed the bolt hold open plate the spring would have enough tension against the right side of the receiver that it wouldn't pop off. I don't care if i have a bolt hold open or not. Is it something i can remove and it wouldn't matter? Is it needed for the rifle to function. Sorry if that's a dumb question i can't remember if its connected to something else or not.

Carolina shooters supply addresses the hammer spring bend on their trigger installation video. I would post a link,, but I'm posting on a tablet.

I removed the bolt hold open (i never use it and the bigger reason is my trigger finger hits it when i pull the trigger and ut bugs me) and bent the spring a little. I cant get it to malfunction now so ill have to bring it to the range on Wednesday when my new AR is supposed to be here. I think the problem is fixed. Thanks again fellas!

I know this sounds funny but i swear my ak has a defective spring in the aspect that its way too fuckin powerful. I ordered an East German Ak hammer spring with my arsenal trigger. Hopefully that remedies my problem. Anyone know how many pound pull the arsenal fcg is. I polished on my g2 fcg and got it to 2.3 pounds. I hope the arsenal is no more than 5.