flat or round trunnion kit

Can you post a pic of the chamber? Specifically the spot just behind the barrel. (Between the barrel entrance & where the front of the magazine is). Most are flat but mine is rounded.

Also, try Carolina Shooters Supply, they are still processing and shipping order's within a day or two and you probably won't wait as long. Id get the kit with the drill bit & threading thing i think its $17.95 or something.

Edited by dubya

Don't NEED a pic but take your dust cover off, pull the spring and bolt out then look inside just behind the start of the barrel. If the spot just behind and below the start of the barrel is basically a half circle you need the round BG, if it has angles you need the flat kit. You'll see what i mean. As far as which brand is better, I've never heard that before and have two bullet guides from CSS (one flat & one round) and they work just fine. My buddy also has one that's fine. As far as install all you gotta do is carefully drill a hole with the provided bit then swap the bit out with the provided threading tool and carefully thread the hole. I put red loctite on the screws and tighten them good and snug but dont over tighten! You definitely dont want to strip the threading or you'll be welding the bullet guide on.

Im not the best at explaining things.. if you don't understand then take the cover, spring and bolt out and put a loaded mag in the gun. It's the spot right in front of the tip of the bullet. You'll know right away if you need the rounded or flat BG Hope that helps!

• Like 1
Don't NEED a pic but take your dust cover off, pull the spring and bolt out then look inside just behind the start of the barrel. If the spot just behind and below the start of the barrel is basically a half circle you need the round BG, if it has angles you need the flat kit. You'll see what i mean.

As far as which brand is better, I've never heard that before and have two bullet guides from CSS (one flat & one round) and they work just fine. My buddy also has one that's fine. As far as install all you gotta do is carefully drill a hole with the provided bit then swap the bit out with the provided threading tool and carefully thread the hole. I put red loctite on the screws and tighten them good and snug but dont over tighten! You definitely dont want to strip the threading or you'll be welding the bullet guide on. Im not the best at explaining things.. if you don't understand then take the cover, spring and bolt out and put a loaded mag in the gun. It's the spot right in front of the tip of the bullet. You'll know right away if you need the rounded or flat BG

Hope that helps!

Also, when tapping the hole, go slow and don't run the tap too deep so that it hits the receiver or it'll snap off.

You might have to shave the top of the rear mag catch a teeny bit but don't worry about that yet. Id install the bullet guide and pick up a couple of quality AK mags then someone will explain the mag catch. It's easier to focus on one thing at a time (for me anyway).

Also, nothing wrong with Dinzag at all but you might be waiting awhile to have your order shipped. The only online site for parts i know of right now still shipping daily is Carolina Shooters Supply. They're fast especially for the current gun situation.