Few questions about Saiga 12K-model

Hello

I have Saiga 12K-model and a couple of questions about it. As you know the K-model comes with a folding stock and when folded it locks to a hook on the left side of the receiver. This hook or locking device is in the same hole where the magazine ledge goes.

1)

I started to think about this when I got myself MD20 drum magazine and It needed quite a lot of fitting. Does the hook in the hole block or interfere with the drum magazine making it harder to get in place? The ledge on factory 5 round magazines is not symmetrical but on MD20 it is.

My folding stock is welded due to legal restrictions so I didn't need the locking mechanism and removed it (after I had fitted the drum mag). I just wonder if it had been easier to fit the drum mag without the hook/locking device?

2)

What needs to be done If I want to change the factory buttstock? Does the welding need cutting or can I just remove the stock by removing the vertical pin it pivots on? And how is this pin removed if that's how it is done?

See the pictures for clarification.

post-43661-0-20572600-1361467302_thumb.jpg

post-43661-0-36999400-1361467315_thumb.jpg

post-43661-0-71085300-1361467329_thumb.jpg

to change the stock you take off the dust cover and tap out the pin from the bottom of the rifle. Being that the rifle is prevented from folding, pushing the button in to help with installation of the new stock might not be an option. So you might not be able to change it. And for some reason if you do get it off, you will have to replace it with a triangle stock or svds or ssrv stock. I personally would just leave it, people pay alot of $$$ for that setup.

Thanks for the link.

So the latch does indeed interfere with the MD20 drum.

I don't think I'm going the change that buttstock but I wanted to know how it's done. I just need a factory recoil pad and then I'm happy about it. I had one those slip-on recoi pads on it earlier. It felt good but it was too big for it and it looked silly. Hopefully Rusmilitary will get them back in stock soon.