Magazine Release Distances - What's The Difference?

Thanks for that info. Yes, I can see that the trigger is moved forward on one (the converted) but I have seen pistol grips on both styles. That generates another question from a new to the Saiga line interested individual. Converted from what to what and for what purpose (what is the benefit of the conversion)? Sorry if this is old news to most. Is this in reference to 922( r ) compliance (conversion to ATF compliant)?

Edited by Dysfunctional

yea , you can buy a cheap tapco buttstock with pistol grip attached to it. Its realy personal prefrance. and depending in which state you live in, a legal matter. If you choose to convert it be aware that you will need compliance parts (922r). Realy just start by google images and get an idea of what you want (unconverted, semi-converted cheap ugly tapco buttstock pistol grip thingy, or converted) didnt mean to offend anyone who has the tapco...thing? Just not my cup of tea. Any how this site will provide you with all the anwsers your going to be looking for, just look around for it. Happy shootin!

• Like 1

Thanks for the good info. I have purchased an unconverted and have ordered stuff for my conversion project. LOL - I've spent more on the conversion parts and accessory pieces than the shotgun and 7 magazines cost me. Once I receive everything I'll post some pics in a "my conversion" thread, but basically here is what it looks like now.

saiga410.jpg

• 2 weeks later...