Saiga M3 EXP-01 Uk folding stock help PLEEEEEEEEESE!

Hi all,

Can anyone PLEASE help me here.

My rifle is a uk model so not semi auto, straight pull and it has the folding stock OEM fitted. I really dislike the stock and i am trying hard to change it for a better looking one. the problem is that every site i look at for info has the US version AK i.e with the "tang" on the trunion which mine doesn't. furthermore my trigger group is already forward and the receiver is stamped with rivets. a guy i met at the range said that i can leave my trunion in place and just punch out the pin which lets the stock swivel and then replace it with a new stock? i ordered a FAB Defence UAS-1 stock from the US and sat patiently for it to arrive only to find its nothing like the fitting i have. i have seen Tromix weld on adapters and such like but again i don't really want to butcher my rifle as i like to have the option of returning it back to standard if i ever decide to sell.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

Are you saying you have the AK100 series folder and you want to replace it? I am no expert, but consider either replacing the stock with the SVDS folder or selling the gun like you mentioned.

Are you in the UK? That folder is very desirable over here in the states but it would be a hard sell due to the direct pull. I also recall there are two versions of that folder. One with a 4mm pin an another with a 5mm. Keep this in mind if you go with the swap.

If I lived across the pond I'd be getting a hold of someone at rusmilitary.com and see how they could help. But the options are limited for OEM. I like that stock, in your situation I'd keep it.

@highplains drifter, thanks for the tips. I'll keep the pin size in mind. Yes I am in the UK and rusmilitary will be my next port of call. Nice try Jerry ;).

YES! That would be perfect man cat, how, where?? Again I have seen these converters but which one fits mine? Arrrrrrrghh... Back to square 1 again!!!

Hi matey, welcome to the madhouse!.Hope to see you soon bud.

The easiest stock the swap it with would be the 100 series skeleton stock (same as the one on my AK-104 in my avatar).......knock out the pin,change stock and knock pin back in smile.png

The 100 series skeleton stock also has the advantage that you can fit a GP-30 recoil pad and a removable SVD cheek rest for when you are using a scope (again see my avatar pic).

Edited by richUK