.223 mags work in a 5.45 ?

Hello everyone.

I'm a newbie to Saiga's but have had quite a few other AK's over the years. Last week I bought a Saiga in .223 and have several mags for it,, I'm curious if these mags will feed ok in the 5.45 rifle I just ordered last night ? Reason I ask is 5.45 mags do not seem near as easyt to find as .223 mags.

Thanks.

Randy.

Magazine curvature is different but they will lock up the same as long as you trim the shelves on the mag and shorten the interdiction tab. As far as feeding its hit and miss my Saiga will feed from a partially loaded AK-74M mag but will have difficulty when loaded up beyond 13rounds. Changing the follower could help but the internal mag width is slightly larger on the AK-74M mags.

Thanks for your input. I was guessing the magwell openings would be the same between 5.45 and .223 receivers but not sure. I figured feeding may be an issue. I should have the 5.45 rifle in 3 or 4 days to see e\xactly whats what. All I know is 5.45 mags of any size seem hard to come by. .223 mags are fairly easy to find.

Thanks !!