Hey everybody i just cut the thread cover off my saiga barrel and I found no threads, no suprise, but now im going to thread the barrel but my only question is I read alot about Ak47s having different barrel deminsions because the government turned the threads down due to import reasons, but anyway I was reading that certains barrels couldnt be threaded in certain threads because of that and so on. However i want to thread my barrel in 14x1 LH. So would that work for the saiga? or do i need to check the barrel deminsion before hand.

Thanks guys

I threaded both my Saiga 7.62x39 barrels and sold the die but you can buy the die off Amazon for about $25 ( make sure it's the left hand 14x1 die) and get the handle, thread starter and crush washer from CSS. The threads are typically 5/8" and I cut just a teeny bit more than 5/8" off the shroud to leave room for the crush washer. How much of the shroud did you cut off? You'll also need to buy some cutting oil. You might need to make one light pass then tighten the die a bit and make a second pass. Cut 1/4 turn then back the die off and cut another 1/4 turn until you hit the 5/8" mark. Don't let the die get too hot, keep it well oiled and take your time. It's surprisingly easy.

OK perfect and i have everything picked out so all i need is a die and the thread starter i have the handle..i have a tap and die set just not the right die so the handle is covered and i cut just a tad bit under 5/8 because the pipe cutter was hitting the front sight while i was turning it so i had to move it forward just a hair. and is the crush washer a must have? or just as somthing to cover up the gap?

My pipe cutter was hitting the FSB as well so I just cut what I could with the pipe cutter and finished up with my Dremel with the gun in a vise. The crush washer is nice then you can get the muzzle attachment to sit exactly how you want it to. The die I got off Amazon was the same one the gun stores sell but half the price so don't worry about that. The seller was Victor Machinery.

one more thing..what crush washer size from CNC.. i only see two different ones

I'm not sure I bought mine from CSS (takes 3 days to get to my house) and their site specified which one to buy.