The last 10 years or so Acapulco has become a "Sin City" from Frank Millers comics. The police looked the other way and the street thugs ran it. I feel sorry for the citizens who had no means to escape. Don't laugh it could happen here.

I love how the writer of the article throws that little bit in toward the end, "but concerns have surfaced that the vigilantes may be violating the law, the human rights of people they detain, or even cooperating with criminals in some cases." Concerns among who, MSN Staff?

Shooting at suspicious vehicles... Well only vigilantes do that. Right?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/ex-cop-manhunt-newspaper-delivery-women-shot.html

In the past, the same thing has happened here in the US. For example...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

People have always known instinctively what is right & good in life right from birth...it is written in our hearts and it can never be erased. The spirits of free men will always lead the way against oppression & tyranny because this world holds no power or right to enslave us.

A lot of us may not like mexicans due to the immigration problem and the corruption that their government, involved with our own, tends to migrate northwards. But Mexicans aren't pussies. I hope they take back their country from the asshole cartels and mobs. Hope they rise up and kill the whole lot of them, and that they don't stop until they get to the very top of their corrupt, narco-controlled puppet government.

• Like 4

I definitely believe these people are doing what they were left no other choice to do. That said, if you notice the pic, there are no "high capacity assault weapons" it's articles like this that the DHS will use as more fuel to justify their militarization, and the militarization of local police. They know that we have the power of numbers, we have the home field advantage, their only chance is superior fire power, and the will to kill anybody in their path.

A lot of us may not like mexicans due to the immigration problem and the corruption that their government, involved with our own, tends to migrate northwards. But Mexicans aren't pussies. I hope they take back their country from the asshole cartels and mobs. Hope they rise up and kill the whole lot of them, and that they don't stop until they get to the very top of their corrupt, narco-controlled puppet government.

• Like 1

heh. 2001-2007 was like a virtual Mexican/Central American invasion here in the PNW. these guys were EVERYWHERE - building houses, gardening, painting, etc.. it looked like Arizona or parts of California - except these guys didn't act like they owned the place, like they do in those states. I didn't appreciate at all the fact that they were here illegally, undercutting Americans for labor jobs, but as hard-working individuals I had a lot of respect for the people I saw. I just wanted them to be here legally, and go through the process that everyone else has.

they're all gone now. when the economy crashed, and the housing bubble burst, they picked up and left as quickly as they arrived.

I definitely believe these people are doing what they were left no other choice to do. That said, if you notice the pic, there are no "high capacity assault weapons" it's articles like this that the DHS will use as more fuel to justify their militarization, and the militarization of local police. They know that we have the power of numbers, we have the home field advantage, their only chance is superior fire power, and the will to kill anybody in their path.

The guy on the right here appears to be holding a FAL or something similar.

LmPdDGF.jpg

Edited by mancat

I'm not trying to prove a point or anything. I just am 99% sure that these guys have easy access to a variety of F/A weaponry, especially as time goes on and they hold their own.

Edited by mancat
I'm not trying to prove a point or anything. I just am 99% sure that these guys have easy access to a variety of F/A weaponry, especially as time goes on and they hold their own.

Oh I completely get your point. And hopefully somebody of authority and integrity will come along and assist these individuals in their plight. Either officially by installing new police, or unofficially by increasing their power to protect themselves.