People who are buying ammo in this market are paying for the convenience of having it now instead of later.

I stocked up - and I've been selling most of what I've stocked up on. At the local fun shows, 9mm is going for as much as $30 for a box of 50. I was lucky enough to pick up a 1k case of Wolf HP 7.62x39 for $300. Got rid of most of my .22, 9mm, .40 and .45 at the last show - now I have just enough to keep my guns fed for a year or so, when prices should be back to about normal.

I did some of that too. I had bought a bit of .223 and I don't even own a .223. I sold it and made enough to cover enough primers for a couple thousand 9mm. I also bought extra reloading gear and ebayed it. Most of the stuff is still selling on ebay for 2-4 times retail, even though a lot of it is back in stock at normal prices at most of the common sellers. I just sold a loadmaster turret for $39+ shipping that I payed $9 for. I actually want about 4 more of those, but I figure putting up with being 1 short for a couple months will cover the cost of the replacements. I wish that there weren't licencing requirements to make and sell ammo, because I'd be cranking a bunch out right now.

I've been sizing and priming .308 cases, selling them for $.60/ea at the shows. I'd really like to get ahold of some projectiles, so I can sell enough powder, bullets and primed cases for (whatever number of rounds half a pound or a pound of powder will make) in a "load your own" package.

• Like 1
I hit Academy at opening looking for either the elusive spam can or bulk 9 or 40. Been lucky a few times, but come up empty handed on some trips.

im taking my mom who is down visiting tomorrow!

i have 44 mag brasss if ya wanna reload messiah

thank you kindly, but I'm gonna hold out for some Hornady Leverevolution. I have heard great things about this ammo.

and my new Henry Big Boy 44 has been asking me for it exclusively. red_heart.gif

henry1_zpsdf96c706.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH
  • Like 1

I hit Academy at opening looking for either the elusive spam can or bulk 9 or 40. Been lucky a few times, but come up empty handed on some trips.

im taking my mom who is down visiting tomorrow!

i have 44 mag brasss if ya wanna reload messiah

thank you kindly, but I'm gonna hold out for some Hornady Leverevolution. I have heard great things about this ammo.

and my new Henry Big Boy 44 has been asking me for it exclusively. red_heart.gif

henry1_zpsdf96c706.jpg

That sir, IS my dream rifle. Been wanting one for a lot of years now. Don't have any excuse why I don't have one now (except for being kind of broke at the moment). I want a .44 Big Boy, and with the large loop lever. I had a nice .45-70 1895G with a large loop lever. Would never go back to the normal sized one. I guess it all started with growing up watching "The Rifleman" with Chuck Connors totin' his large looped .44-.40!

let me tell ya, you wont be dissapointed. This is one of the most well built beautiful guns I have ever seen. the pic don't do it justice.

The lever action is smoooooth as butter. I have been thinking about ordering the large loop from Henry ( big rifleman fan myself) but I'm sure like everything

it would probably take 6 months to get it. I actually picked this up at my local Bass pro shop. It was love at first sight.

Henry is a fantastic USA company and their products are the best money can buy. 032.gif

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH
  • Like 1
let me tell ya, you wont be dissapointed. This is one of the most well built beautiful guns I have ever seen. the pic don't do it justice.

The lever action is smoooooth as butter. I have been thinking about ordering the large loop from Henry ( big rifleman fan myself) but I'm sure like everything

it would probably take 6 months to get it. I actually picked this up at my local Bass pro shop. It was love at first sight.

Henry is a fantastic USA company and their products are the best money can buy. 032.gif

Yes, they are a true American firearms company. Very under rated by todays standard. I'm really driven once again to get one. I have my dream of having one hunting Muley's in the mountains here, on my pack mule!

I want to know how they got that lever action so smooth. You know how on most lever rifles you can feel the clicks, on the Henry

it is all smooth. I had to actually look down and see if it actually cocked because it felt like air. I've never been more anxious to shoot a rifle in my life.

You would swear a gun of this build quality would cost thousands of dollars. $699 brand new in the box. Gotta give it up for Henry. Goes to show

a USA company can produce a top of the line product and make it affordable to all. Also signed up for the Bass Pro credit card and got $80 off

the purchase price so the rifle only cost me $610 and change. This rifle is worth 3 times that in my opinion. Now all I need is some damn ammo

and I'll be grinnin ear to ear.victory.gif

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

Yes, they are a true American firearms company. Very under rated by todays standard. I'm really driven once again to get one. I have my dream of having one hunting Muley's in the mountains here, on my pack mule!

That is a great dream to have my friend.032.gif