Gas block was easy, dowel pin sucked my.

Me and Jet Mech attempted to take the gas block off and we had problems with the 1 dowel pin located my the detent pin. IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE, so I took it home.. Not satisfied. Decided to buy a BFH and give it a go. 3 punch pins later (1 being jet mechs) , it decided to budge, After it broke off the length of the 1/16 punch pin, I had maybe a 1/8th of a inch left. Just enough to give it a good wack and make it budge a little. Shaved down a 1/8th punch pin to about .100-105 and couple a could solid wacks from this mini sledge and boom, popped off. Whats weird is detent pin and spring did not move??? So I took the same BFH and nailed the block of wood, probably hit it 20 times and off came the gas block. Time to do some work. !

• Like 1

She ran like a CHAMP. Thanks again Jet Mech for all the info, now we need to go blow some shit up. Love this damn thing, We were going through a divorce but Jet Mech being such a great marriage counselor made me realize how simple it is to please her with the right tools for the hole. haha... She ate everything I fed her!

She ran like a CHAMP. Thanks again Jet Mech for all the info, now we need to go blow some shit up. Love this damn thing, We were going through a divorce but Jet Mech being such a great marriage counselor made me realize how simple it is to please her with the right tools for the hole. haha... She ate everything I fed her!

I told you all that needed to be done was smack the hell out of her, drill her deep, then open up the other hole.

That formula has always worked for me.

• Like 1

LOL. That's absolutely disgusting but ok, When I get back out there and shoot a few down off my feeder, Ill trash bag em and put em on ice and deep freeze til i can get them to you.. Yuck!! haha.. I went out there saturday night and would of had you one, but he decided after being headshot to run straight into the creek. well , i thought my buddy missed as i was the spotter with my hog light. Sounded like someone jumped off a rope swing into the creek!! LOL.. Little bastard was disoriented and ran into the creek and I was like a fight to swim for about 20 seconds then it went quite and I couldnt find him sad.png. 1 down 423423 more to go.. lol. I checked the game cam I have out and there is a Coyote that has been chasing them down I guess. Wasnt as many coons and thats the first time I have EVER SEEN a coyote being out here. I know they are out because you can hear them sometimes but damn.. I really caught one on camera!! haha

post-47305-0-53325600-1366078103_thumb.jpg

Saw a fricking huge coyote between the runway and taxiway last month. Damn thing was the biggest any of us had ever seen.

Guess living in a fenced in area in one of the biggest airports in the country has its advantages for certain animals.

I opened up the ports my three port S12 earlier this week and had the exact same problem. The first pin came out easy, the pin near the detent pin for the gas plug broke every punch I owned that would fit! Finally it moved with a broken punch and a 2 lb sledge. Finished it off with a small nail.

Funny thing is the gas block slid off easily without even marking the barrel. Drilled out the ports to .093 and slapped it back together. Without that one pin the one hour process would have taken about ten minutes. Glad to hear you got it done.

Yup. Jet mech snapped hiS. I went a purchased a whole kit for like 12 $ at lowes since they only carried 1/16th punch which I bought one previously. So after snapping the first one and then bending the second I flattened out the longest one and used a 2lb sledge and mollywhoped it. Moved it about a 1/8th inch. So I took my 1/8 punch and tried to continue to move it. Wouldnt fit so I dremmeled it down to about .100 and got that bastard stuck so I had to rehit the oin I wanted out back in. I dremmeled the whole thing down to .100 and couple wacks came right off. But had a piece of a broken pallet and that hammer worked wonders kn gas block as reassembly of it was twice as fast. Ill be ordering replacement pins here soon and ill get your list jetmech.

• Like 1