FWIW, Arsenal has done this several times in the past. They "discontinue" one series, and then a few months later release an identical series with a different model name.

I regret not buying an SLR-106FR back when nobody wanted them and they were $500. Didn't even know about them at the time, but they were having trouble selling any at all just a few years back. Then they took off.

• Like 1

You're right, they do, huh. Didn't they already say once that the SLR 101 was going away forever, and now it's back.....lil silly.

Yep they have produced the SLR101 twice. Not only that but they brought the SAM7R after the first discontinuation, basically an identical rifle.

• 1 month later...

http://www.arsenalinc.com/usa/PRODUCTION-ENDING-ON-POPULAR-SLR-106-SERIES.html

If you dont have one, better get one. SLR-106's are going kaputski. Atleast those are the rumors anyway. Glad I got my UR and CR while the gett'n was good.

Have you done any mods to your UR ? I am looking into doing an sbr, just got my paperwork in the mail. I want to add an ak 100 series when I get the stamp back. Do you have the 10 inch barrel or 8.5?

http://www.arsenalinc.com/usa/PRODUCTION-ENDING-ON-POPULAR-SLR-106-SERIES.html

If you dont have one, better get one. SLR-106's are going kaputski. Atleast those are the rumors anyway. Glad I got my UR and CR while the gett'n was good.

Have you done any mods to your UR ? I am looking into doing an sbr, just got my paperwork in the mail. I want to add an ak 100 series when I get the stamp back. Do you have the 10 inch barrel or 8.5?

After I got my Form 1 back approved and engraving done, I chopped and re crowned it. I used a fake booster to keep some of the barrel length. thinking of taking it the rest of the way and adding a flash hider or maybe threading the barrel and adding a flash hider that way....not really sure.

photo_zps30ce2456.jpg?t=1366832411

oh, also put on the new gen top cover a while ago, added a stk grip made by ronin's grips, and triangle stock.

not sure what my barrel length is at right now.

I think its between 12 & 14 inches.....

• Like 1

They use a short lug trunnion that uses the larger AKM style bolt, versus the smaller long-lug trunnion as used on the AK-74. But the trunnion is set up to accept AK-74 spec magazines, so they will work with a number of 5.56 AK mags.

Maybe you were asking about the rear trunnion? Sorry I jumped the gun.. No pun intended.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

Any info on these things is appreciated. The rear trunnion is what im working on at the moment. Do I need to buy a bulgy 4.5 mm set up?

you dont have to, but if you want a triangle/polymer folder, then yes.

I do want the poly folder. Where you able to reuse the trunion or did you buy a whole kit?

Mine came installed on the rifle from kvar. They have just the trunnion. unless you have the tools and skillset, you'll probably want a builder to install it for you.

What is your exact stock set up?

My slr106ur has a bulgarian 4.5mm trunnion and triangle stock. you can get them from kvar/russiansurplus/akbuilder/copes I believe may have them.

there are also Russian 5.5mm stocks & trunnions out there but are not specific to the Bulgarian SLR rifles.

Edited by AZG