I bought a 7.62x39 about a mounth ago & I have several questions.

First off, is there something I can do to get rid of the trigger slack. I've seen double hook triggers for sale, but I don't know what they do.

I'm also concerned about how hot the berrel gets. If I fired roughly 50 shells in 20-30 min. am I going to dammage the barrel?

Hiya cscottrc and welcome!

First off..careful where you post if you want fast replies. This is the "For sale or trade" section and I'm assuming your not selling or trading yet-right?

What make is it? A Saiga in 7.63x39? If it is a Saiga..it is also an AK in sheep's wool and they all have lots of travel built-in to the trigger. Just the way they are. I'm not sure how the stock Saiga tunes up with another trigger group. I did a pistol grip conversion to my Saiga which eliminates the trigger tranfer mechnism of the stock Saiga. I put in a G2 trigger group from Tapco and it feels real good to me.

Barrel feels hot? If I don't smell pastic burning them I'm not trying hard enuff! :lolol: Wouldn't worry. I'm told they shoot straighter-hotter. Just imagine how hot it gets in the full auto version.

uhm, while yer on the subject, I just thought I would throw in a comment real fast for the new guy. When you DO fire a lot of rounds like these guys and myself do, and smoke the oil off your gun, ALWAYS ALWAYS UNLOAD THE WEAPON! You should do this to form a "habit" each time you use any firearm, to be safe for your own self and for other's sake. If you leave a round in the chamber or in some guns just a loaded magazine with a holt bolt against the top round, you will experience the dangerous and embarrassing phenomenon of "cooking off" a round. Its pretty self explanitory, and Ive had it happen to me once during one of my afternoon outings. All I did was walk with the gun with a live round in the chamber to set up targets and POW! No big deal, I always carry a gun like it can go off without notice at any time anyhow....The range masters on your ranges make you hold your bolt open for numerous reasons, but this phenomenon is probably what started that practice originally. Be safe and keep it fun!

Another good reason for range safety!

My friend brings his little nephew to the range sometimes...that kid may not know much about guns, but he sure has it drilled in his head that EVERY gun is loaded. He considers it safe only when unloaded and bolt open.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.