New guy questions

I bought a 7.62x39 about a mounth ago & I have several questions.

First off, is there something I can do to get rid of the trigger slack. I've seen double hook triggers for sale, but I don't know what they do.

I'm also concerned about how hot the berrel gets. If I fired roughly 50 shells in 20-30 min. am I going to dammage the barrel?

cscottrc:

Hi and welcome to the board. Following are my (repeat my) answers to your questions. Others may have different answers and/or opinions.

1. Trigger slack... I don't know. I haven't had to play that much with my trigger assembly or fcg. Some of the other guys on the board might know.

2. The barrel getting hot. Well, I have a nasty habit of lighting up the range near the end of my shooting day. That usually means pulling the trigger as fast as I can while trying to keep on target. Sometimes, it means bump firing. It's not unusual for me to put a few hundred rounds through my Saiga in 20 minutes time (get extra mags or else do a pg conversion for high cap mags). This is after I've spent the day shooting. Now I know I abuse the rifle but hey, after 12,000 rounds, it's still alive and shooting well. My groups are starting to open up a little... perhaps all that rapid fire wore down the barrel a bit but oh well. I've already bought two more Saigas in 7.62 just in case this one goes.

In short, I wouldn't worry too much about shooting 50 rounds through it in 20-30 min time.