Need input from Tromix Shorty owners

If I did mine again I'd have forgone the HK sights and used a Krebs rear ghost ring and barrel-mounted elevated sight post. (Yes, even on a shorty.) This is the sight setup I've got on my 18" gun and I prefer it to the HK sights, which work great BTW. Theres nothing wrong with the HK sights except they prevent anything from being mounted on the factory scope rail, which kinda makes that an extraneous part.

I went with the HK sights so that they wouldn't interfere with the galil-style charging handle, which I do like a lot but I wouldn't go with one if you're planning on running an optic on either the factory mount or the dustcover.

Tromix did not offer the Short Reset Trigger back when I placed my order. I really wish I could have gotten this option as I hear great things about it. Same thing with the tri-rail.

Just my opinion though, get whatever appeals to you.

If I did mine again I'd have forgone the HK sights and used a Krebs rear ghost ring and barrel-mounted elevated sight post. (Yes, even on a shorty.) This is the sight setup I've got on my 18" gun and I prefer it to the HK sights, which work great BTW. Theres nothing wrong with the HK sights except they prevent anything from being mounted on the factory scope rail, which kinda makes that an extraneous part.

I went with the HK sights so that they wouldn't interfere with the galil-style charging handle, which I do like a lot but I wouldn't go with one if you're planning on running an optic on either the factory mount or the dustcover.

Tromix did not offer the Short Reset Trigger back when I placed my order. I really wish I could have gotten this option as I hear great things about it. Same thing with the tri-rail.

Just my opinion though, get whatever appeals to you.

Does Tony do the Krebs sights or it would have to go to Krebs for that? Mine has the little rib on top and not the bead with rear sight if that makes a difference.

When you say factory rail are you talking about the sidemount? I have never really liked any of those and will not run one. I am having a hard time deciding whether or not to get a pic rail up top and forego the galil charge handle. I just dont know if I want to run a red dot

Edited by ammowaster

I've been considering having Lee at Sierra Ordnance Co put a short rail over my gas tube. That should allow me to use a red-dot without interfering with the charging handle, might be close though. While we're at it, might as well remove the factory scope mount and install an AK100 folder. That'd be a pretty sweet setup.