Question about Salem 6 operating rod....need help

Hello,

I ordered and received the Salem 6 Handguard (comes with new operating rod). I installed it last night, but the gas regulator nut (I think that is the technical name....it is the longer steel one that goes on right after the short spring) will not thread on to the new rod. The narrow aluminum knurled nut threads on fine, but not the longer steel one.

I have an e-mail into Troy at Salem 6, I don't have a contact number or I would certainly call him before posting.

So far, the handguard and parts that come with it are AWESOME....they look and feel like quality items.

I was thinking maybe there is an easy fix that one of you would be aware of. It almost look like the threads are more shallow on the guide rod and they match the narrow aluminum nut very nicely.....seems the threads on the steel nut are a bit deeper.

Any help would be great........I will update once I hear from Troy as well.

For the record, this isn't anything negative about the service or product, I just have no patience and was planning on shooting the gun TODAY....haha.

Thanks!

Edited by JWH223

Wish I could help, mine went on with absolutely no issues other than the fact that Akdal must have used a whole tube of blue thread locker on my

factory rod! The Salem 6 Rod fit better and the threaded parts thread on better on my Salem6 rod than they did on the factory rod.