Nevada law for shooting vandalising car thief thugs??

Part of the problems I'd foresee with the OP's situation as it would apply to the Texas law is the element of reasonableness.  Is it reasonable for the vehicle's owner to believe that the theft was imminent?  We can assume that it is for the sake of this discussion, but it may not be so clear cut in reality.  Also important is how far along in the crime the suspect is when the OP discovers him or her.  If the crime is already completed and its commission is no longer imminent, then it must be reasonable to believe that the suspect actually has the OP's property.  Once again, this might not be as reasonable a belief as it seems depending on the circumstances.

Finally, the question of whether or not the OP was reasonable in his belief that there was no other way to protect his property.  It strikes me as highly dubious that shooting the suspect was really the only way, and I think most courts would tend to agree that it would be unreasonable.  Furthermore, I don't think the second option of the third section would apply unless it was held to be reasonable that the OP believed, for example, opening the window and shouting "I will cap your ass" would have exposed him to danger.