You got one?

I wanted to play some cards on the PS3 with an online friend and needed to charge my Bluetooth headset to talk to him.. So... I plugged it into my usb hub to charge.

EVER SINCE THEN I've gotten all sorts of weirdo USB device messages (every 2 seconds on the dot.. VERY annoying) and Windows (XP) takes forever to boot and doesn't do so "normally". I tried the usual suspects for about an hour to fix it and then I just decided to give up and reload from my 3/10 back-up. No point dicking with it. Backing up a few newer things to a different drive right now and gonna give C: a buzz cut and get it right again.

You guys on the ball? I hope so! smile.png I just got hosed but managed to catch my pants as they were falling FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER. Normally I'm just dicked or slapped with hours of trouble shooting when I get something like this. Today I'm just gonna load up the spare 1tb drive with my back-up, hit restore, and take a nap.

Edited by Maxwelhse

I use Acronis Disk Wizard. If you have a Seagate or Maxtor hard drive their version is included, free, with every purchase. Just download it from Seagate and push alt-t-o if it gives you any shit at the start up screen. edit: of course, if you're not using a Seagate drive it would be illegal and unethical for you to download their program and push alt-t-o anyhow. I happen to own about 8 Maxtor and Seagate serial numbers, so I feel good about it.

I've had marvelous success with it on other PCs (including a fellow forum member's machine from a year or so back).

Edited by Maxwelhse

and Windows (XP) takes forever to boot and doesn't do so "normally".

This sounds like the bigger issue... not like the OS is going to be abandoned next week.

The forever booting is a new advent.

That said, I think XP was officailly abondonded about a year ago by MS... I built this machine in 2005 so I know it's VERY long in the tooth for replacement. The other side is that it still does everything I want it to do. It streams media, burns DVDs, and obviously web browses, just fine. A year or so back I dropped an Athlon 4800+ dual core in it and 3gb of ram, on the cheap, and it really woke it up.

I lost my "M" folder... May not seem like much unless one of your best clients is Mississippi Auto Arms and you have to redo all the art.. and that was just one of many... now I run like ESATA 3 externals with about 12TB of storage. Losing data can be devastating.. I do raw data backups... no compression.

I'm not, Just a screen printer that can't afford an artist... Some of our stuff (some our own, some developed for others) has gone over very well, though...