Breweries often use schedule5 tube also.

What's the wall thickness on schedule 5 vs diameter? Fuck.. I did my house in Sch. 40 copper!

Maybe there is some welder pipe rating scale that I don't know about?

Btw maxwell, you must have measured it the circumferencialy! But lots of girls have made that mistake for you vantage point!

1 - I have never measured your penis.

2 - Even a circumferential measurement would be a sad show

3 - The correct answer is, "I don't mind having a 3" penis... Most girls can't take 'em much wider"

;)

It would be 3.14 times smaller than DIA. And let's remember who chose to start talking about my... ak-hem! On cold days I just tie a string on so I don't have to struggle to find it! Lmao. Sounds to me like someone is trying to compensate for lack of moment of inertia. exceeded slenderness ratio, insufficient modules of elasticity, and forgot the difference between yield and ultimate strength in the bedroom.

Breweries often use schedule5 tube also.

What's the wall thickness on schedule 5 vs diameter? Fuck.. I did my house in Sch. 40 copper!

Maybe there is some welder pipe rating scale that I don't know about? Sch is proportional. obv .083 wall is alway that. And nothjng on 4" pipe actually measures 4"! lol that's why is nominal pipe size

Btw maxwell, you must have measured it the circumferencialy! But lots of girls have made that mistake for you vantage point!

1 - I have never measured your penis.

2 - Even a circumferential measurement would be a sad show

3 - The correct answer is, "I don't mind having a 3" penis... Most girls can't take 'em much wider"

;)

I don't show other men my pipe.  But I'm flattered you asked.

It's a PIPE thing! Believe me no one want to see your junk! Lol but welders make the best lovers! They can get full penetration from any position,and never complain about the fit too tight or gap too wide, and will never be showd-up if you ask em to brother-in-law it!

It would be 3.14 times smaller than DIA. And let's remember who chose to start talking about my... ak-hem! On cold days I just tie a string on so I don't have to struggle to find it! Lmao. Sounds to me like someone is trying to compensate for lack of moment of inertia. exceeded slenderness ratio, insufficient modules of elasticity, and forgot the difference between yield and ultimate strength in the bedroom.

One, I need a funnel to not piss my balls at a urinal... I'm nearly a toddler down there, so, take no offense.

Two. You gave me PI.. That isn't how wall thickness is calculated in pipes... I'm curious to know what the thickness of a schedule 5 pipe is for a given diameter. Someone got a mic or a set of calipers to just measure it out for me?

I could run the math, but so could anyone. I want the real deal as seen on the shop floor.

Edited by Maxwelhse

The dia formula was a reply to you 1/2" comment( making it even smaller! Lol) sch 5 is basically pipe size tube. Pipe is nominal ID(up to 12"[12 3/4"od] and 14" up is od. tube it all actual OD. for 2" sch 5 and smaller, thought it's been years. It would be under .100 and less.like half as think as sch 10 and 8 times thinner than sch 40? Hummmm

Your not goin to lose me in engineering babble, I have an Associates in mech eng(rapid prototyping) but as Einstein said "if you can't explain it simply, it's only because you don't understand it!" Now I lead arrogant engineers around with a string(they can't pull thi "I know something you don't know card) and they draw the P&IDs and ISO after I build it correctly, first time! The wright brothers built a prop, before humans flew( not to mention fly to the moon!) in a bike shop with basic hand tools. 100 years later with CAD CAM and ALL the other BS they could only improve on there design by 4%. I will take inspired craftman over educated idiots any day of the week, and twice on weekends!

..., 304SS is one of the best SS alloys out there. What would you prefer?

The variety of austenitic stainless steel types are developed for practical reasons.  The utility of type 304 for all service conditions is not universal, e.g.: consider with simple sea water and that annoying chloride ion.

• Like 1

..."where there's chaos there's money!" Crazy what these places will throw at a project under in a deadline!

... I will take inspired craftman over educated idiots any day of the week, ...

I think these are related observations.  Too much in engineering nowadays, the aggressive cost cutting practices result in the bulk of capital used during the early design and procurement work, and late project work (ha! where welding occurs) becomes cost constrained.  Since engineering is a relative high wage scale cost, every managment effort is made to limit it.  In general, the persons working early in the project (typically discipline engineers) are not the same as those closing out the project (procurement/logistics engineers).  Technical and same employer continuity for most engineers (especially later generations) does not exist anymore, and engineers are often tasked with work that they have no depth of experience with.  And welding engineering, what can be said?  It is too often an enless string of oh-schitt moments because no one controlling the purse strings has a clear understanding of its complexity or place in the course of project work. 

Edited by pbwe
  • Like 1

..."where there's chaos there's money!" Crazy what these places will throw at a project under in a deadline!

I think these are related observations.  Too much in engineering nowadays, the aggressive cost cutting practices result in the bulk of capital used during the early design and procurement work, and late project work (ha! where welding occurs) becomes cost constrained.  Since engineering is a relative high wage scale cost, every managment effort is made to limit it.  In general, the persons working early in the project (typically discipline engineers) are not the same as those closing out the project (procurement/logistics engineers).  Technical and same employer continuity for most engineers (especially later generations) does not exist anymore, and engineers are often tasked with work that they have no depth of experience with.  And welding engineering, what can be said?  It is too often an enless string of oh-schitt moments because no one controlling the purse strings has a clear understanding of its complexity or place in the course of project work. 

Thats one of the most inspired things I've read in some time... Excuse me while I digest this...

Thats one of the most inspired things I've read in some time... Excuse me while I digest this...
Amen. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. I get to ride in on a white horse and pick up all the pieces, and build everything they hoped and dreamed it could be and more! Project manager loves it, cuz he looks like he had a plan. Maint manager loves it because I make it easily serviceable, and with commonly stocked parts. Production manager loves it because I make it ergo to operate and eliminate the need for shutdowns( with proper bypasses, isolation, etc) all of which is not reflected on any drawings. Now our walkthrus sound more like "this is what we would like to do?"

No drains, no three way bypass to back flush, no pump to force flow up 27' against 55psi process water.

Can you build a blower fan adapter? The vender quoted us 10k$ plus and 6-8week lead time. Sure we can!

YES I love my job! 84 hours but I'm just hanging with the guys, fiddling with projects! And we get paid!

post-48862-0-59200600-1397323984_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-03865800-1397324203_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Driving a hour thirty to and from work, and finished up a 15 hour shift to get a "biomass" plant back up and running(fancy name for a wood chip burning co-gen)

Had my partner snap a pic while I was in position tangled up working on hour 14 tying the line in...

904496_10203211899474155_832015962207576