custom on saiga 410

I have 3 questions for my futur saiga 410:

1. is it possible to put a forehand grip, like on the shotguns (with a grip for shotguns, mp5, or ar15, etc)?

2. is it possible to put a bayonet on the muzzle?

3. is it possible to use a pistol grip (from AK rifle) AND a folding stock (from AK rifle)?

thanks for this great forum, we do not have stuff like that in my country

Hi,

Anything is possible if you want it bad enough and it is legal where you are.

With alittle imagination you could change the forearm or add a grip. The forearm is attached alittle different on the 410 than the 7.63. On the 410, the front sling attachment screws into the bottom of the barrel.

Bayonet? I imagine you could.

Pistol grip and a folding stock can easily be done if legal.

thanks nedpapper for your answer.

I think folding stock & pistol grip are legal (I am living in Europe), my gunsmith told he could do it (but it seems difficult I think)

one question more:

is it possible to put a red dot/scope on it? do I have to buy a side rail mount for AK rifle?

Edited by allocine

Sure you could put a red dot scope on.

Yes, I would buy a side mount that accepts weaver scope rings if I were to add a scope. Look under "7.63x39" and then "scopes" for links to see the products.

Adding the PG and a folder is not difficult. My Romanian folder bolts right up to the Saiga. The pistol grip conversion takes about 15 minutes. It is illegal to own a pistol gripped, semiauto shotgun here in the USA but I'm sure with the AK stocks and a larger magazine a 410 Saiga would be a real 'fun' gun.

www.blackjackbuffers.com sells them, but you'd have to have your gunsmith remove the gas block to put on the AK style forend.. not sure what it'd cost, but a smith should do it for you if you want it enough

edit: and nedpepper is correct except "It is illegal to own a pistol gripped, semiauto shotgun.." with a detachable magazine (a PG Saiga shotgun.. that'd be illegal) but if you're not in the USA it doesnt matter :)

Edited by JesusCow

I originally ordered the weaver rail and vertical grip form blackjackbuffers for use on my Saiga-12 but then bought an AR and put it on that...you can make it fit though with drilling two holes in the factory forend on the saiga. Can't be too hard, its just plastic! I may still order another sometime and do it.

Look at...

Tactical forend grip for M/16 and AR/15

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/bjbcatalog3.html

Putting a true AK vertical pistol grip would be much tougher.

Bayonet: I considered it along time ago but gave up when it seemed that welding a bayonet lug on would be nessecary...I don't weld. ;)

Edited by KySoldier