Saiga 12 featured on CBS' NUM3RS Show-

TV reporters wouldn't DARE say that unless they've exhaustively investigated the topic, would they? ;):lol:

I took a tv reporter to task once for reporting on an 'amazing new medical procedure', but it'd already been in use for ten years.

Edited by tritium

Their misrepresenteing the Saiga as a weapon for assasination or gang violence, whatever, isn't good for us. We have to combat these stupid people with the idea that its a "sporting" gun with practical uses. Reporters are good at scaring people (single shot 50 bmg taking down planes), I'd hate to see it come at the expense of our Siagas.

Their misrepresenteing the Saiga as a weapon for assasination or gang violence, whatever, isn't good for us. We have to combat these stupid people with the idea that its a "sporting" gun with practical uses. Reporters are good at scaring people (single shot 50 bmg taking down planes), I'd hate to see it come at the expense of our Siagas.

The media loves to exploit the ignorance of the people for sensationalization->higher market share->charge more for advertising->make more money. They use the logical fallacy of 'hasty generalization', as

1. All assassins are shooters.

2. Shooters use Saigas.

3. Therefore, all assassins use Saigas.

And people actually believe this shit-for-brains argument! Pretty sad. :unsure::huh:

Edited by tritium

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G O B @ Jan 29 2006, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

"Dear shit for brains. In refernce to your report on the deadly muzzleloading assault weapons....."

G O B

It was on a fiction show, called NUM3ERS, about FBI solving weird cases via a genius mathematician, etc.

The Saiga featured in it for exactly as long as it took to mke the 'magazine-fed, gas-piston operated 12GA. shotgun' statement, and then sdhowing a black-clad and knit woolen cap wearing guy climb a fireescape into the window of a room, and then fire about three or four times before being shot by Feds who were waiting for him. Turned out he was a CIA spook.

If I were going to go through all that trouble, I'd certainly wear a Level III vest under my sneaky black coat.

Funny thing is, a regular semi-auto, or even a sporting shotgun would have allowed him up to eight shots as well, and he only got 3 or 4 off before getting plugged by the Federales.

Dumb to the 2nd power.

Edited by Kyrinn
At least it was only a tv show, not real news. Am I the only one out there that cries "shinanigans" when I hear a Glock, XD, or MKII's hammer get cocked by a villan?

Writers use exploitative sensationalism too, except they get away with it by calling it fiction. :lol:

The way they make their assinine fantasy into reality, is to start inserting seemingly innocent "incidental"

blurbs into whatever media whereever they can. Most of Hollywood, and Madison AVE. , major magazines as well as Broadway are now and always have been the bastion of the lunatic left.

Now the radical right has talk radio and the Fox network.

Ranting a bit here so to make it short- the anti gunners will resort to ANYTHING to make it look like they are mainstream --when they are really EXTREME! AND So their opposite extreme. (the ones who left us with the Reagan and Bush Sr. gunbans)

G O B

(putting tin hat back in storage)