ZASTAVA M77 GAS REGULATOR MOVEMENT WHILE FIRING(?)

GUYS,

HAVE ANY OF Y'ALL THAT ARE PROUD OWNERS OF THE ZASTAVA M77, OBSERVED, THAT UPON FIRING, AND IT ONLY TAKES 5-7RNDS, THAT YOUR GAS REGULATOR BEGINS TO MOVE CLOCKWISE (VIEWED FROM BEHIND) AND WILL EVENTUALLY COMPLETELY CUT THE GAS OFF, RENDERING IT A SINGLE-SHOT, UNTIL IT IS MOVED BACK IN PLACE?

WELL, MINE DOES, AND I CAN'T QUITE FIGGER THE HOW'S AND WHYS.

ANY IDEAS?

JESS1344

MANCAT,

C'MON BROTHER, GIMME MORE CREDIT THAN THAT.......

YES, THE TANG THINGY IS ENGAGING ITS SLOTS, AND IT'S DAMN HARD TO INTENTIONALLY MOVE IT, USING TWO ROUNDS; ONE LIFTING THE TANG-THINGY BY ITS LOOP, THE OTHER IN THE DIVOT, PUSHING.

BEATS THE SHIT OUTTA ME...........

MAYBE IF THE RAISED PORTIONS, WHERE THE DIVOTS, AND THE NUMBERS ARE, WERE HIGHER, IT WOULDN'T DO THAT.

JESS1344

Mine is tight enough that there's almost no way to change the gas setting without pulling the gas tube and rotating the puck afterwards.

I tried it once with an AK cleaning kit tools and it was no go.

The tang should have quite a bit of spring force down on the puck. Maybe yours is bent and isn't really doing its job of holding the puck in place.

Mine is tight enough that there's almost no way to change the gas setting without pulling the gas tube and rotating the puck afterwards.

I tried it once with an AK cleaning kit tools and it was no go.

The tang should have quite a bit of spring force down on the puck. Maybe yours is bent and isn't really doing its job of holding the puck in place.

MANCAT,

YOU NAILED IT, THE TAB ON THE END OF THE SPRING, THAT ENGAGES THE SLOTS IN THE GAS REGULATOR WAS STICKING STRAIGHT OUT, INSTEAD OF BEING AT A DOWN ANGLE, WHICH I'M SURMISING IT SHOULD BE.

I PLACED THE GAS TUBE IN A PADDED VICE, WITH ONE PAD REMOVED.

I POSITIONED THE SPRING AGAINST THE UNPADDED SIDE, AND THE TUBE ITSELF AGAINST THE PAD.

I CRANKED DOWN ON THE TUBE/SPRING ASSEMBLY, A LITTLE BIT AT A TIME, UNTIL I WAS SATISFIED THAT THERE WOULD BE SUFFICIENT DOWN PRESSURE BY THE TAB, TO PREVENT ROTATION OF THE GAS REGULATOR.

I DIDN'T THINK TO TAKE "BEFORE" PICS, BUT HERE'S THE "AFTER": 

JESS1344

post-45478-0-47688300-1421758988_thumb.jpg

post-45478-0-55502000-1421759049_thumb.jpg

THAT SHOULD DO IT.

• Like 1