7 Rounds or 8

When I load my magazine with 8 rounds, I can not pull action open to charge my Saiga 308, it drags mightily on the top of the round. With 7 or less every thing is normal.

I can't comment on the Saiga since I haven't even had a chance to load the magazine yet. However, I noticed that same condition on a couple of my pistols. For example, one should accept 14 rounds, and I can actually get 14 rounds in the magazine. However, it does not want to easily feed, so I routinely only load it to 13 rounds. At 13 rounds, it loads and feeds smoothly. I suspect that after the magazine spring "breaks in" a little that it might not be a problem. You can always gear up to the 20-round high capacity magazine which should soon be available.

Bob

When I load my magazine with 8 rounds, I can not pull action open to charge my Saiga 308, it drags mightily on the top of the round. With 7 or less every thing is normal.

It is a cool weapon, fits my body well and is accurate.

Well friend I have two thing you can try. First load your mag with 8 rds and leave it loaded for 2-4 weeks! The stock saiga springs are stiff as Hades. For example the 20rd Fbmg mags use the same spring size :eek: So you have a lot of tension in a little box mag. If you let your mag "cure" or get weak or what ever you want to call it. Loading and leaving the mag for a while should "fix" your problem. I would not cut any of your spring coils out. They are there for a reason.

The next thing: If 7 is not enough? Take your follower and spring guide and mod the hell out of them! So you can fit 10+1 I used a shop bench grinder to do this. You can use a file or even the mighty sand paper it would just take longer compared to a shop bench grinder

I took about 7/16 that's right just under 1/2 of a inch off. BE SURE TO LEAVE JUST A LITTLE OF THE FOLLOWER GUIDE NUB. THIS GUIDES THE FOLLOWER ON ITS PATH UP TO THE TOP OF THE MAG BODY. IF YOU TAKE TOO MUCH OFF OF YOUR FOLLOWER IT MAY NOT WORK. So trim a little and see if ten fit in the body. Also you need to trim the base two pronged thing. Again go slow until you can fit 10 rds into the bottom with the mag put to back together.

The follower on the Left is a 8rder. The One on the right is a 10rder. I did nothing to the spring. Only the follower and the two pronged guide are "moded".

post-2353-1177368398_thumb.jpg

post-2353-1177368499_thumb.jpg