Is a converted Saiga 7.62x39 NY Legal?

I'm looking at a Saiga 7.62 and I want to have it converted to use cheaper AKM preban mags.

I need advice or where to look if it is legal to use AKM Preban Mags (which I'm sure ARE legal) on a converted saiga.

What I have heard is that the conversion IS legal provided a few US made parts are installed to replace foreign parts.

Can some point me to some legal resources regarding this?

I'm looking at a Saiga 7.62 and I want to have it converted to use cheaper AKM preban mags.

I need advice or where to look if it is legal to use AKM Preban Mags (which I'm sure ARE legal) on a converted saiga.

What I have heard is that the conversion IS legal provided a few US made parts are installed to replace foreign parts.

Can some point me to some legal resources regarding this?

Yeah, using 30 round mags in a converted Saiga is legal, provided you are 922r compliant, and like you said, for NY any mag over 10 rounds needs to be preban. I'm in NY too <_< , I feel your pain :lol: .

With a stock Saiga x39, you have 14 foreign parts, which you need to bring down to 10 or less. The FCG is 3 parts, and a US made stock would be 1 part. That's an easy way to get compliance. So after that, you're set.

Edited by 22_Shooter