next dumb question

what is about a max grain weight , you can use in this twist?

All Saigas will shoot pretty much anything you want out of them. They are not picky (except for possibly some light loads in the shotguns). These are basically brand new AK action rifles with chrome lined barrels and they are tough as nails. So I wouldn't worry too much about grains or weights(unless you are going after high accuracy) These guns are moderatly accurate and are not tack drivers. They will take a beating get dirty, banged up, and abused Then they will eat just about any ammo you put through them.

P.S. Most people read all the posts from all the different sections on this forum. There is no need to post the same question in all the forum sections. Save yourself some time and put all your questions in one post. Don't worry they will get answered no matter where they are.

Edited by stokstad

yeah , i was definitely thinking accuracy potential. i have a 223 that seems to be quite accurate, so with a 1/9 twist , i figure that somewhere in the 60's to 68 for grain weight, the accuracy will top out. i have no idea whatsoever on the 762.39 or the 308 , as i am nowhere near the knowledge of the 223, in these other cals. i know that the 308 has quite a few grnweights used in it , with the 168's and 175's seem to be the br shooters choice. i dont have a clue on the 762.39's.

Edited by rangerruck