folding stock?

I am writing for a friend that just got a Saiga 308. He wants to change the stock to a folding one. Is this possible? He showed me a picture of a Saiga 5.6S w/folding butt and told me to look for a folding stock like it. Would it fit the 308? If so, where could he purchase the item? Any info would be appreciated since I can't seem to find anything about a folding stock on a 308. Are there any other rifles whose folding stocks would fit?

• 2 weeks later...

you would have to do what you would normally have to do to an ak to obtain a folding stock. you would have to add a folding trunion in place of the regular one, or use a romy wire folder. the romy doesnt fit on my saiga .223, because the rivets that were put in to cover the original FCG holes stick out too far. you could use a bulgie sidefolder, a chinese underfolder if you cut the holes, or an AMD style wire if you wish.

galil folders can also be made to work.

you can install a folder and pin it, use a spacer, or weld it until spet, then return it to normal configuration when the ban sunsets.

Edited by daemon734