This scope any good for an ak?

NO...

but that depends... I will go into detail...

If you LOOK CLOSE at the mounting system of that SPECIFIC PICTURED optic, it has an SVD rail hookup. That is NOT the same rail as an AK/Saiga... and will slide on from the FRONT, not the rear as it is supposed to. It will NOT lock in place properly, and with recoil will continually work itself loose.

DO an EBAY search for "POSP" and you can find the proper AK/Saiga rail setups on the same optics. If you can order one from the seller "Kabacan" go with him... he has the real deal russian stuff... and is good to deal with. ( see the EASTWAVE website... thats who he is... and they take paypal!)

Thats the scoop... you need the one with the AK rail mounting system...

now...

Is that scope any good??? sure it is! I have a 4x on my PSL... and just ordered an 8X for my PSL... from kabacan.. It will be here soon... from the motherland... wrapped in paper tied with twine, loads of cryllic markings... I love that!

:smoke:

Also besides there being 2 different mounts there are also 2 different ranges. I believe they have a 400m scope and a 1000m scope. I got the 400m one because thats about as far as the 762x39 can go. But then again I also never shoot past 100 yrds.

posp are some of the best choices for your ak.. but the ak side plate match only with V clamp scopes designed for saiga rifles (not svd/tigr scopes), nobosibirsk scope is the best in quality and it clamp match in all the east block guns (also 1p21 and cobra red dot can be used in almost all ak/svd guns models).