Accuracy @ 100yds

Dante, here is the groups that I get from My 308 with tac stock at 200 yds, benched. This was with South African Surplus and Aussie will print the same. I'm happy with My Saiga. The target is 8-1/2" by 11".Tac_Stock_A6.jpg

Saiga_308_200yds_2.jpg

Just got back from the range this morning and have some info on the various ammo I took. I have a .308 with the 19" barrel and open sights, until my scope & mount come in that is, and I took the Silver Bear 145 gr FMJ, Aussie (ADI) 144 gr FMJ and the Spanish NATO 147 gr surplus. I took 40 rounds of each and at 100 yds my largest spread was 2.5-3 inches.....and that was with a cross wind at the target site. Silver Bear did the best with no more that 1" group in 25 shots (OH I LOVE THIS WEAPON!) and several were overlaps! :D Next was the 1988 batch run of Spanish NATO 7.62x51. I was a little concerned about this ammo from some of the posts I've read with cracked cases and such, but nothing unusual happened. Every round fired and fed and gave me 2" groups out of 40 shots. The Aussie 7.62x51 did just as well but I did have a few fliers.....could be too hot a barrel or the next bench over and his 30-06 making me flinch. I blame the big boomer to my left! :lol: .....Anyway, I got my largest spread from these rounds,but still no more than a 3" spread out of 40 rounds. This weapon was right out of the box, steadied by sandbags only, open sights and fed from 8 roumd mags. I wish I had higher cap mags for her......she was a real blast to shoot... :killer: ....I am really impressed with this Vixen (yes I named her) and will have to take her out when she gets her glasses to see how much those spreads will shrink. My Yugo SKS is jealous...but older ladies tend to be that way..... :smoke:

The muzzle break is a pin on AK 74 from CDNN. I cut off the rear of the break and reamed the i.d to fit over the barrel. Drilled and tapped four holes to accept allen screws, aligned the break and tightened the set screws using locktite. Over twelve hundred rounds and it hasn't gone down range yet.