The Saiga with scope/bipod

Make sure your pics are sized LESS THAN 800X600 pixels, less than 100K each and in JPG format...

Then... when you are writing your post... down below where it says "browse" ...click that... select your jpg file, and then click on "add this attachment". Voila... you have posted a picture... theres more ways to do more pics... and ways to add them into a post intermixed with the text... but for now... work on one at a time, and get the hang of it... then we will take it to the next level. :up:

:smoke:

Well...

Saigaonbipod-lt.jpg

This is my fairly standard Saiga 7.62x39mm rifle in it's scoped/bipod configuration.

Saigastockcheekpc.jpg

I put a cheek rest on it since the first shot...something I found in a gun store junk pile (don't know what it was for). That is a obviously different scope & mount as well, which I was experimenting with.

Lollygagger :unsure:

Edited by lollygagger
Well...

Saigaonbipod-lt.jpg

This is my fairly standard Saiga 7.62x39mm rifle in it's scoped/bipod configuration.

Saigastockcheekpc.jpg

I put a cheek rest on it since the first shot...something I found in a gun store junk pile (don't know what it was for). That is a obviously different scope & mount as well, which I was experimenting with.

What kind of power scope is that, who makes it..

That comb is off a Mossberg 500 pump shotgun. The new models came with dual adjustable combs. the tall one, like you have there, is for the cantilever slug barrel, with scope. There is also a short one, that is for the bird barrel for use with the vent-rib/beads for sighting.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=7380

thats some good pics of it there...

:smoke:

That comb is off a Mossberg 500 pump shotgun. The new models came with dual adjustable combs. the tall one, like you have there, is for the cantilever slug barrel, with scope. There is also a short one, that is for the bird barrel for use with the vent-rib/beads for sighting. :smoke:

Thanks Indy. I wondered what it was intended for.

Lollygagger ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Lollygagger, is you Izmash scope mount off set to the left? If so how did you sight in your rifle? I would like to use a barrel mounted boresighting device but not sure if this would work due to the scope mount being offset. I am about to do something very similar to my rifle and I would like to know how you got the the bi-pod on, and where is that from? Sorry so many questions, and any help anyone can give me would be great. Thanks in advance.

Well...

Saigaonbipod-lt.jpg

Saigastockcheekpc.jpg

Wow, where did you get that scope mount in the lower picture?

Have you seen them sold online?

Can you take the dust cover and bolt out with it still attached to the receiver?

Edited by expeditionx
Lollygagger, is you Izmash scope mount off set to the left? If so how did you sight in your rifle? I would like to use a barrel mounted boresighting device but not sure if this would work due to the scope mount being offset. I am about to do something very similar to my rifle and I would like to know how you got the the bi-pod on, and where is that from? Sorry so many questions, and any help anyone can give me would be great. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, it is offset some -this is typical of combloc stuff (they seemed to not worry about it -drives me a little crazy). It can be zero'd...

Remember, the scope is overbore to begin with.

I'd forget the boresighter that is the optical type that goes in the muzzle via a "arbor". By the time you get a extention to rasie it enough to do the job -the results from this loosey-goosey doo-dad will be pretty much crap. Just zero it. BTW...

You can use your iron sights (if zero'd) to match up the scope to the irons for the given range, with care from a rest...and, fine it out shooting. This is what you'd have to do with a boresighted job anyway. Don't waste you time and money...I do it thisway all the time with good results -try it.

For that matter, you can strip out thebolt/carrier on a AK, and do this pretty well actually sighting THRU the bore. Thismay be needed if the mount islow & the front scope objective is large -too large to allow the irons to be used (happens).

The BIPOD is a Harris on a modified Saiga sling stud. A QD can be used as well in place of the Saiga fixture to mount the Harris.

Lollygagger :unsure: (jus' got back from a out-of-town work trip)

Can you take the dust cover and bolt out with it still attached to the receiver?

Sure,you can get the cover off with it mounted.

It's a Saiga mount...and is so maked (well, has the factory logo on it -like the rifle).

Saigamount-front.jpg

Saigamount-back.jpg

I've seen them in trade papers and gun shows in the recent past.

• 4 weeks later...

Well...

Saigaonbipod-lt.jpg

Saigastockcheekpc.jpg

Hey lollygagger, where did you pick up that forestock with the two holes in it, Id like to pick one up,

Spank.