On the fence again

Since i noticed that the saiga sporter in 308win with the black synthetic stock isn't pictured on the www.raacfirearms.com website I figured its discontinued with only the 308 wood stock saiga and the hunter model 100 in 308 still pictured there.

My problem is my local dealer still has the 16" and 22" saiga sporters in 308win with the black synthetic stocks still available right now. Should i go after another 16" barreled saiga?

If you are wanting to do a conversion, along the ak lines I would get a 16" model rather than 22". If more like a drag type of conversion, scoped and such, the 22" would be my choice, for stocks it depends on how far you want to do the conversion with. If not wanting to change the fore stock stick with a plastic stocked variant. If going all the way with retainer and such it wouldnt matter really.

I have 3 16" barreled saiga's in 308 now and i was wondering if these are discountinued now maybe getting more 16" barreled saiga's would be a great idea? I have a NIB 22" 308 saiga but i haven't shot it yet.

I think its a good idea if i may want to convert one later down the road i'll have extra ones.

Edited by Unknown Poster
Got one of each the 22 I have made into a Draganaf (spelling) type and haven't convertsd the 16" yet, no they are not for sale. They both keep 10 rds in a 2" circle at 200 yds

My local dealer has a few more left yet in his racks. I'd like to go for more 16" barreled 308's. Were did you get the dragunov stock? You can put 10rds in a 2" circle @ 200yds these sure can shoot accurately. I wonder how both the 16" and 22" compare at long distances. The 16" should fall off somewhere around 500yds from what i figure but who knows the way these things are so accurate and i guess this is where the 22" (longer barrel should rule) barreled 308 should be more accurate. I wonder how far the 22" barrel can shoot? The shorter range rear sites don't do these guns justice they need a longer rear site with more ranges maybe out to 1,000yds just kidding but i'd like to see at least 500yds. on the 16" barrel and 800yds on the 22" barrel its just not fair with the gun being so accurate..

Got one of each the 22 I have made into a Draganaf (spelling) type and haven't convertsd the 16" yet, no they are not for sale. They both keep 10 rds in a 2" circle at 200 yds

My local dealer has a few more left yet in his racks. I'd like to go for more 16" barreled 308's. Were did you get the dragunov stock? You can put 10rds in a 2" circle @ 200yds these sure can shoot accurately. I wonder how both the 16" and 22" compare at long distances. The 16" should fall off somewhere around 500yds from what i figure but who knows the way these things are so accurate and i guess this is where the 22" (longer barrel should rule) barreled 308 should be more accurate. I wonder how far the 22" barrel can shoot? The shorter range rear sites don't do these guns justice they need a longer rear site with more ranges maybe out to 1,000yds just kidding but i'd like to see at least 500yds. on the 16" barrel and 800yds on the 22" barrel its just not fair with the gun being so accurate..

I got one of the ATI stocks and had to modify it to fit, but the cheek piece comes in handy with the POSP scope.

post-658-1146923904_thumb.jpg

OK - when you make a statement like this, we need details! :D

Did you use a scope - if so, what kind? What kind of ammo - factory, mulsurp, taylored handloads, match, etc.?

Inquiring minds want to know!

And thanks a lot guys, now I'm thinking I have to get a 16" carbine and I haven't even received my 22" rifle yet! :eek::lol:

Edited by O.S.O.K.

OK - when you make a statement like this, we need details! :D

Did you use a scope - if so, what kind? What kind of ammo - factory, mulsurp, taylored handloads, match, etc.?

Inquiring minds want to know!

And thanks a lot guys, now I'm thinking I have to get a 16" carbine and I haven't even received my 22" rifle yet! :eek::lol:

I used the PSOP 8x42 that you see on the rifle with 147g FMJBT bullets 48g BLC-2 (that is max on the container) would hav been better than 2" but the wind was blowing (what is new about that) at 20-30 mph from left to right and gusty. The scope is easy to set to windage and elevation and very clear, won it on Ebay for $80 + $10 shipping.