A note on Safety levers.

I just received my bolt hold open safety lever. This lever will NOT work with a buffer installed. I had to modify it to work.

As you can see one lever has a red line--this is where my notch is. Don't buy a notched safety lever unless you need a safety lever. You can do it yourself. The tab and notched lever is for allowing your hand to operate the lever without having to disengage from the fcg. This may be worth buying when the prices fall.

Mine does not have the tab and the notch is to far back for use with a buffer. I notched my AK's and it works just fine. If you buy a notched safety lever make sure the notch is towards the front as one here shows.

I know it has been discussed briefly before but where did you get the safety with the tab that allows it to be operated with the trigger finger? Thanks, Don

Mine was a notch only towards the rear of the lever-off brand or generic. Works-but not with a buffer.

Type in "Swift Safety Lever" in your search engine for comparing.

This site has them.

http://www.redstararms.com/