Saiga .410 Converted to 444 Marlin - Tromix (Video)

• 4 weeks later...

Tony, if you do decide to do a run of .444 barrels for the .410 Saiga, as hinted in the video, I will be happy to prepay. I can to handle the requisite barrel and extractor work you mention there.

I've only checked your website and this forum a couple times in the past decade -- always on the whim that perhaps you might revisit this conversion concept. So it's a very pleasant surprise to see this recent post/video from you on one of my rare appearances.

You might be either flattered or mildly amused to know that my stupidity in not taking you up on the chance to fund this .444 conversion prototype was the first failure that came to mind on two occasions when people have asked me, "What's the biggest opportunity you ever missed out on and still regret, years later."

I've failed to capitalize on career opportunities that were significantly more meaningful in monetary terms. But I still have a huge emotional response to that tightwadded caution, back when I didn't know much about you or Saigas. It made me curse myself later -- that I missed out on such an affordable opportunity to get the perfect bear & hog gun built by the godfather of big-bore. I won't make that mistake again if I can help it.

• 2 weeks later...