Choices Choices Choices.....

Okay soon iv been thinking about adding a semi auto 30cal to my collection, well another if you include the AK. Iv been thinking maybe a Cetme or a saiga 308. I actually like the way the cetme looks, already has a PG and hi cap mags are plentiful. Im not exactly sure where to find one though or about how much it would cost. My other choice is the saiga 308, i really like the ak design and look. The saiga around here in southern az can be had for 300-400 dollars. That being so how much would it cost to convert yourself, and how much would it cost to send for conversion? Also what mags can be modified to be used with the saiga? One last thing, iv heard some things about the cetme's quality and such, anyone here have any experience with them?

p.s me and a friend converted a saiga 223 so i know how to do it sorta

I sold my Cetme a while back and recently got a Saiga .308. If I had to choose I'd take the Saiga. Don't have a lot of time on it yet but so far seems more accurate. I really like this gun. I've also read on several accounts (everyone has an opinion) from people that had Cetme's, not to shoot full .308 rounds but the NATO 7.62. My 2 Cents.

Doug